2011 CFL Season

NEW.ERA

I'm going to respectfully disagree. Hamilton was getting the crap beat out of them in those years. Winnipeg has been at least competitive. Also really Buck Pierce didn't run to injury problems till his last year in BC.

He'll be fine, he almost has to if he wants to continue playing in the CFL.

Ah, actually 2006 was the last time he was a starter, and wasn't injured at some point during the season.

tigercatssignature-1.png

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the bombers will open up there season (and i wouldn't forget to mention that it will be a win) against hamilton. And if every score is as close as it was in the BC/Montreal game yesterday, it will be an exciting year.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

That was a fun game to watch last night, a late rally, back and forth chess match. It wasn't the year before, and I doubt anything will top that for a while, but I was entertained.

Now, I wonder how could I claim Jamel Richardson off of waivers and pair him with Roddy White and Mike Williams (Tampa) for the upcoming season. Oh well, a man can dream can't he?

Way to show up tonight defense!

I totaly aggree that it was the defense that won the game.

bjays.jpg

Active Teams

Kevin Glenn looked like he was wearing Blue and Gold again tonight, I mean I'm usually the first one to defend Glenn and I still firmly believe if he was playing in the Grey Cup in 2007 they would have won it, but Glenn gets flustered so easily.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Crazy Stamps vs Argos game with Toronto winning all game and then Calgary took the lead and then Toronto again with a last second Feildgoal to win. :ninja:

bjays.jpg

Active Teams

Great game. Here I was thinking "Oh, great, they're gonna blow another road game" but they pulled it out. So glad to have Prefontaine.

On a side note, anyone think Atlantic Snappers would be a good identity for a future team?

snappers.PNG

That was a tremendous win by Toronto to go into Calgary and pull out a victory like that. So much for Cleo Lemon's criticism as a professional quarterback. He wasn't perfect, but he did enough to win and showed flashes of brilliance in that victory.

As for the, "Atlantic Team." If they're going to be located in Halifax, keep the city name in the identity, it's awesome. And besides, isn't Ottawa on a quicker track to get a CFL team over that region?

Here's a quick little idea I threw together. It has the 8 current teams, plus the Snappers, and the Ottawa Royals in purple. I think something like this would be nice to see by 2014, regardless of whether Halifax or Ottawa gets a team first. Not really calling this a concept. Just a direction to go in.

cfl%202014.PNG

Speaking of the design elements of the CFL, does anybody know or have a font templates for the numbers the Roughriders and Blue Bombers use? They seem identical, but are really nice looking and have potential for a fantasy concept I'm working on right now.

Secondly, I wonder if Nike's take over of the NFL, will lead to them doing the same with the CFL, or are the Canadians satisfied with Reebok?

Speaking of the design elements of the CFL, does anybody know or have a font templates for the numbers the Roughriders and Blue Bombers use? They seem identical, but are really nice looking and have potential for a fantasy concept I'm working on right now.

Secondly, I wonder if Nike's take over of the NFL, will lead to them doing the same with the CFL, or are the Canadians satisfied with Reebok?

Personally I'd like to see a few teams change up their looks. Chances are Nike won't come to the CFL probably for at least a couple years.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Personally I'd like to see a few teams change up their looks. Chances are Nike won't come to the CFL probably for at least a couple years.

Well, if you're talking about Calgary and Montreal changing, then, yeah, that would be a good thing. But I happen to really like how the Roughriders, Blue Bombers, and Tiger-Cats look.

Great game. Here I was thinking "Oh, great, they're gonna blow another road game" but they pulled it out. So glad to have Prefontaine.

On a side note, anyone think Atlantic Snappers would be a good identity for a future team?

snappers.PNG

One, what is that logo supposed to be? The body looks like a crab, but the claws look like a lobster's. No matter what they are, the proportions are way off between the two. And neither is brown and yellow.

Two, if you are implying some kind of shellfish, then "Snappers" isn't a great name, considering there are other fish called "snapper."

So, in short, to answer your questions, no, Atlantic Snappers would not be a good identity for a future team.

One, what is that logo supposed to be? The body looks like a crab, but the claws look like a lobster's. No matter what they are, the proportions are way off between the two. And neither is brown and yellow.

Two, if you are implying some kind of shellfish, then "Snappers" isn't a great name, considering there are other fish called "snapper."

So, in short, to answer your questions, no, Atlantic Snappers would not be a good identity for a future team.

Haha, this is why I generally don't post logo ideas I have. I don't have the skill to refine them into the works of art I see on these boards. I think I was going for a crab though. But come on, 'snappers' is a great name for a football team!

Haha, this is why I generally don't post logo ideas I have. I don't have the skill to refine them into the works of art I see on these boards. I think I was going for a crab though. But come on, 'snappers' is a great name for a football team!

Maybe they could resurrect Patriot Pat. He was a snapper...

The Patriots have the best record in the NFL, while Tom Brady wins the MVP, followed by the Packers going on to win the Super Bowl, and Aaron Rodgers winning the Super Bowl MVP. Now the Blue Bombers start out of the gates strong this year... I must be lucky or spoiled this year.

Archived