Another Winnipeg Jets Concept

gatineaujay

Hey guys,

So It's been a while since I've been on here but I had to pipe in with my idea for a Winnipeg Jets logo set. I couldn't find a topic with a bunch of designs in it so I started a new one (feel free to move it if I am mistaken)

My idea is just a tweaking of the last main logo that they had. A slight modernization if you will. I am by no means a great designer (of logos anyways) but I think you'll get my point.

The shoulder patch is pretty simple as well, but I really like it. It incorporates the first birth and re-birth years of the Jets.

As always, C+C is always welcome

jetsmain.png

jetsshoulder.png

sig.png

I don't think it's better than the old logo. The white split in the wordmark is supposed to represent the contrail from the jet. With the way your jet is angled it just doesn't look like a contrail.

EDIT: I actually think your jet is a lot better than the triangle the old logo uses. If you lose the drop shadow and straighten the jet I think it's an improvement.

Thanks for the kind words guys, I straightened out the jet and removed the drop shadow (which was actually how I had originally envisioned it) and I remembered why I changed it. For it to fit in the space where it is I would have to shrink it too much.

So..... I did another jet for the main logo. A side view. I'm not totally sold on it though....

Puck.. I'm not too sure about that one, but if there were anyone who could obtain the rights to use the image, I'm sure David Thomson could figure it out. :grin:

sorry for the size of this bad boy!!!!!!!!

jetsmain2.png

sig.png

So I managed to get the top view of the jet with this final update. A little more "Canadiana" too.

Let me know what you think.

jetsmain4.png

jetsshoulder4.png

I like this. Two comments:

1) Perhaps place the Maple Leaf on the bottom of the second logo actually on the aircraft and make it a little larger; and

2) Why aren't folks making new W logos with mascots that aren't the "Jets"?

Nonetheless, nice job on these!

Again, thanks for the kind words!

I like this. Two comments:

1) Perhaps place the Maple Leaf on the bottom of the second logo actually on the aircraft and make it a little larger; and

2) Why aren't folks making new W logos with mascots that aren't the "Jets"?

Nonetheless, nice job on these!

I'm actually working on something else as well, this one just happened to be the one I completed first.

Not to mention the fact that IMO a majority of people want the "JETS" back.

sig.png

is the 'canadiana' using the avro arrow as the plane?

if so, great idea.

overall like the logo, but i think the red is a little bit too thin at the bottom left of the oval in the primary logo and maybe you could get a little white space at the bottom right side of the 's' (so the blue isn't touching the red at the bottom of the 's').

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Thanks for the kind words guys, I straightened out the jet and removed the drop shadow (which was actually how I had originally envisioned it) and I remembered why I changed it. For it to fit in the space where it is I would have to shrink it too much.

So..... I did another jet for the main logo. A side view. I'm not totally sold on it though....

Puck.. I'm not too sure about that one, but if there were anyone who could obtain the rights to use the image, I'm sure David Thomson could figure it out. :grin:

sorry for the size of this bad boy!!!!!!!!

jetsmain2.png

wow, to me, this is the best concept of your topic. It's cool, dynamic, modern yet with a touch from the past... The oval is much better than a circle and the thin red line is just enough... Can't wait to see the uniform...

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

I think the plane needs to be less defined/simplified. That would be a PITA to embroider, and shrinking it down loses a lot of the detail anyway.

I can appreciate that for sure. However, the actual logos would have to be enlarged and not shrunken down. I actually have them full size on my hard drive and they are very nicely defined. That being said, that is simply for the jersey application. Print, website etc would have to be shrunk I know. But whatcha gonna do? :P

My goalie mask design will be coming sometime today. (This is actually what I do. And what I truly get excited about) :)

sig.png

Nice work so far, trying out different ways to modernize a classic look. My .02$: The red contrail should go, it clutters the look and is unecessary since the gap already represents it and is more visible. I'm of two minds when it comes to the shoulder patch, because of the 15 year gap and the fact that it's not the same franchise. Maybe some kind of manitoba patch with a jet team would fit better? The stripes on the arms should be matching, bread white one captioned by red on the home and broad blue framed by red on the away - and why is the striping pattern different on the two jerseys?. I really like the oval shape of the logo and the much improved plane. Cheers!

You have a pretty good log design here I think. It is nicer than the real Jets logo of old. It is still very similar though. I would love to see some Jets logo designs which are completely new rather than a mod of the old version. I think the colour scheme is dated as well and too common with so many other teams using red/white/blue. I would like to see some designs using Thrashers colours or maybe Blue Bombers colours.

Archived