Strange USA hockey jersey

nash61

I don't recall the US team (let alone Parise) ever wearing this jersey. Anyone have any ideas?

USAParise3.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I do recall seeing this one for sale somewhere (RCS?) a few years back. The story that came out here, if I'm remembering correctly, is that it was a planned alternate for Team USA which either got rejected last-minute, after retail units had been put into production, or that the team simply never wore it.

This wouldn't be the first time such a scenario occurred, either - there was Russia's "Tetris block" design (which I think was planned for Nagano '98) which pops up on eBay every now and again.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This wouldn't be the first time such a scenario occurred, either - there was Russia's "Tetris block" design (which I think was planned for Nagano '98) which pops up on eBay every now and again.

Not to hijack the thread, but anybody have a photo of this rare Russian jersey? I don't think I've ever seen it.

Edit: Never mind. Think I found it.

onalTeamcirca1998Nikeauthentic-vi.jpg

Archived