All-Star Game BP Jerseys

Cujo

Cue up the hate for the snakeskin lettering, the standard template, the BP hats, and the Diamondbacks' color scheme in 3...2...1...

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I like the snakeskin lettering, it's very original and fits the host team. I wouldn't mind seeing that as a Diamondbacks alternate even...

The BP hats would look better if they were just the letter, I don't like the diamond behind the letter it looks like too much going on for a on field baseball cap.

Cue up the hate for the snakeskin lettering, the standard template, the BP hats, and the Diamondbacks' color scheme in 3...2...1...

Are you kidding? For what these are supposed to be, they hit a home run.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Are you kidding? For what these are supposed to be, they hit a home run.

I am kidding. It seems that every year, there is an inordinate amount of hate towards the ASG BP's. They are what they are. I don't have a problem with the concept of the ASG jerseys. I really like the design this year and I'm a fan of the color scheme, although I liked it before the Diamondbacks stole it wholesale from Houston.

The snakeskin print is a nice idea and they should try to use that on a special one-time alt to see how it's received.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

it looks like American league BP hat and BP jersey colors don't match.

As an ex-Arizonian, fan of most Arizona teams, I have to say I don't like it. To start I don't like to many panels and pipings on all those BP stuff, then the font is hard to read. Logo with bevels and gradients is too 1980's... It's one of the worst ASG brandings in recent history.

As an ex-Arizonian, fan of most Arizona teams, I have to say I don't like it. To start I don't like to many panels and pipings on all those BP stuff, then the font is hard to read. Logo with bevels and gradients is too 1980's... It's one of the worst ASG brandings in recent history.

I'm with you on the logo, but do we know that there's not a flat version of it? It seems like that one was designed for the web, but there has to be another version for print / embroidery / signage. I'd hold off judgement until we see those (assuming they even exist.)

Besides that though, I really disagree with you. I think the cap logo is brilliant - a great basic "southwesterny" shape with stars to indicate "all star" and a nicely rendered A or N. The jerseys are a little dark, but the wordmarks are very legible and unique without being tacky. The panels are a little much, but that's just what you get with these BP jerseys. Maybe they could have made one gold (sand?) instead of black. Either way, I think it's a fantastic package overall.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The blue doesn't fit, but otherwise, they did a really good job with these. I tend to like ASG equipment, personally. Not enough for them to wear it in games, of course, but they're often pretty neat variations on themes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm with you on the logo, but do we know that there's not a flat version of it? It seems like that one was designed for the web, but there has to be another version for print / embroidery / signage. I'd hold off judgement until we see those (assuming they even exist.)

Besides that though, I really disagree with you. I think the cap logo is brilliant - a great basic "southwesterny" shape with stars to indicate "all star" and a nicely rendered A or N. The jerseys are a little dark, but the wordmarks are very legible and unique without being tacky. The panels are a little much, but that's just what you get with these BP jerseys. Maybe they could have made one gold (sand?) instead of black. Either way, I think it's a fantastic package overall.

There's a flat version.

7uw2uwq37rh6livepohnf7lf2.gif

Archived