Winnipeg/Manitoba? Polar Bears

wbhockey26

Didn't feel like doing a Jets Concept, made something from Scratch, please don't be too harsh on the logo, its actually one of the first ones I've actually made myself.

polarbears.th.png

could ya big size it a bit?

I can't really see it...

but I can tell that the color scheme is a little odd. I'm not much of a fan of mixing red and turquoise, I'm not sure that you need the red at all. You could switch the red with grey and it would look much better imo.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Its improving. The red definitely didn't work with the polar bear theme. A little Shark like with the teal, but since they seem to be moving away from that anyways with wearing their black 3rd in the playoffs, not a big deal.

This is definitely improving and I think you have a nice thought here; perhaps instead of having that grey area on the bottom of the bear, make that more of a shadowed effect...could add something to it.

Any thoughts on font/secondary logo/word mark? Keep working on this...it could fit Winnipeg well...

Drop the black underside of the logo, it just looks odd. When I think of a team called the Polar Bears I think WHITE...I would keep the use of what ever color to a minimum. Maybe even the use of white breezers. I like the idea of the turquoise and gray, perhaps just change the shading. Make the turquoise a little more blue and lighten is up a shade, and the gray could be darker and used in place of any black. The white jersey should have just minimal colors, say 2 color shoulder piping and a thin double stripe at the bottom. The dark jersey would be almost all color and just minimal white. Also the teeth, you do not need to show that back set of bottom teeth at all as the entire rest of the logo is in profile. But I like the idea and the logo you have started with.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I like the shading much much better than previously; nice work. There's something amiss with the teeth/gum area of the bear, too, but I can't put my finger on it. It's starting to look really good and much more Polar Bear-esque.

Cool logo, I like it! I think the black/grey sweaters are a little too plain though and the teal one is too early 90s sharkish. The red ones don't work at all, the colour scheme did not go together well. How about using Thrashers colours? The light blue may go well with the polar bear theme. Or perhaps light blue and white?

Simplified the shading on the logo a little bit made it much more white...Also changed tourquiose to a dark blue...any reccomendations don't know which is better the navy or the tourquiose?

g3647.png

I'm feeling this one the most of your concepts. The blue looked a little too San Jose Sharkesque for me but the ideas are so far very solid.

Texas.gif

Pick one out of the Navy and Black. I say use Navy Blue (or Dark Royal Blue), Sky Blue o light blue and Silver- maybe a Metallic Silver. Try and lets see how it looks. With the colors I suggested I'd call them this:

Winnipeg/Manitoba Polar Bears

Colors: Winnipeg Navy Blue, Ice Blue, Silver/Gray, White.

NO DOUBLE BLUE

This is actually really cool, but ditch the black. Black + Navy = :puke:

Why opposed to double blue? I could see maybe if I asked for Navy and Royal Blue.

However, Navy Blue and Ice Blue (Almost like a bright blue - similar to teal) seem to have enough separation that I wouldn't consider them doubling each other. With Double color it's all about the shading of each color. I do agree Black and Navy Blue doesn't work.

Now, if it's because you're just opposed to Blue in any form, that's cool. :)

Archived