Winnipeg/Manitoba? Polar Bears

wbhockey26

Better?

rect3645.png

This is probably the weakest of all of the attempts.

1. You should only have one primary logo, with the only possible exception being when it is a single color and requires an inverse to work (Maple Leafs for example.) In this set, you have two primary crests - one with blue outline and one with gray. That's not a good idea, because since the main color is the same on both, it's not obvious which is the primary and which is the "clash" (for lack of a better term.) You'll have lincensees using both logos interchangeably, validating the statement that "if you have two primary logos, you don't have one."

2. The white jersey has next to no blue (either one) in it, while the dark jersey is pretty well balanced. Also, the logo on the white jersey has none of the gray in it, and doesn't seem like it belongs there.

3. I'm really not sure what's going on with the striping between the two jerseys. In some cases, certain colors were swapped out for others (which is often the case when converting a home jersey to a road jersey) but in others, the colors carry over. It's really inconsistent, and makes for two jerseys that while on identical templates and using the same colors, actually seem very different from one another.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I actually like the red (not with the teal), it gave it a more aggressive feel, asmif it just devoured something. Downgrade the amount of red and combine it with the bright blue and gray and I think you'll have a winner.

I do think that the logo looked fiercest with the red, but I don't really think that's the way to go for a professional logo. It would be kinda weird seeing 15,000 people wearing a jersey where it looked like the bear just took someone's throat out. Painted on a RCAF fighter jet... cool. NHL primary... no.

Going into the thread, I would have said that I preferred a rounder polar bear like the Coke bears or from the Norway hockey jerseys, but I like all of the recolors of this logo. Very nice. I really like the blue outlined bear against the white in the last update.

It doesn't seem like your getting much progression with your actual logo. You're just changing the colors around, and not very good color combinations at that.

your focus at this point should be improving the logo, then worry about possible color combinations.

right now there are several flaw with your logo.

Try looking at logos that have similar perspectives for inspiration.

[charlotte-checkers-2008-09.gifAD3.gif

content_alaska_aces.gif

2043050vl19qK6.gif

For a little help with the logo:

I would flip the eye horizontally to give it the sense of awareness it needs. Right now, it looks sleepy or confused. There's something about the teeth that I'm not a fan of. Maybe if you added some teeth. I would get rid of the gum line myself. Otherwise, there's nothing to really gripe about other than nitpicking. There's just the right amount of detail in the fur. Maybe just a little more rounder ears. Polar bears don't really have pointy ears. Good job.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Simplified the shading on the logo a little bit made it much more white...Also changed tourquiose to a dark blue...any reccomendations don't know which is better the navy or the tourquiose?

g3647.png

I like this look the best, although the white jersey is a bit plain.

The first set reminded me of the Islander's Captain Highliner uniforms.

How about instead of grey you use an actual gold colour--not yellow like St Louis--but gold like the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

Manitobans already like those colours from what I hear...

Gold instead of grey would look cool.

For demonstration purposes here's what I came up with for a fantasy league on these boards many years ago.

db1d1fbb.png

ea3209fa.png

It's different gold than the Blue Bombers, but it's to illustrate my point.

Feel free to use that.

Or not.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

This concept is probably the best one. I'm not a big fan of you using the Anaheim swoosh, but the colors look good. Ditch the gray. The Shoulder yoke looks plain ugly like that. I would simplify the color scheme by using the blue in the logo, white and that very light shade of gray.

A totally original for Winnipeg. What I like: 1) The dynamic lines of the logo. 2) The color choices are getting better and better.

What I don't like: 1) The 'Anaheim stripe' at the bottom of the jersey. Could we see something symmetric? 2)I would sketch the bear head 6-10 more times [using plenty of source materials]. Get it as 'finished' as possible in pencil. Then scan it in... and trace it using vectors.

Simplified the shading on the logo a little bit made it much more white...Also changed tourquiose to a dark blue...any reccomendations don't know which is better the navy or the tourquiose?

g3647.png

This concept is by far the best, the navy definitely sets it off.

But I agree with the what's been said about the bear looking like he has dentures. Easy fix would be just to create 2 rows of teeth as opposed to the connected set you've got going on. I think that'll help it out.

Archived