Sports Teams that Need to Rebrand Their Color Scheme

piratesfan16

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In your opinion, what sports teams desperately need to either overhaul their color scheme, include more of a certain color, not include a certain color, or etc?

At least one team must be bothering you enough to begin a thread.

Give us yours since you started the thread.

You know, I've actually given this some thought over the past few months, and I have to say....the Jazz REALLY need to ditch the navy. I was "mehh" on it's use when paired with the powder blue (I think that identity would have been much better if it were purple and powder instead of navy and powder), and after thier recent rebrand, I was open to it being paired with the gold and green. My thought was that it would be close enough to purple that it would pay great homage to the old original color scheme, while still being a little different or modern. Trouble is, now that I've let the thought sit for a year...it really doesn't work. The problem is that the blue is too dark. If the blue were something like a deep royal blue, it'd serve the purpose I was hoping for alot better. In a perfect world, the Jazz would be purple again....but either way, the Jazz really just need to ditch the navy.

My ideal color schemes for Utah would be the following (in no particular order):

- Royal, Green, and Gold

- Purple, Green, and Gold

- Purple, Copper, and Powder Blue

- Purple and Powder Blue

And if they ever wanted to pay direct homage to Utah's great outdoors, I could live with this:

- Forest/Pine/Hunter Green, Copper, Tan/Wheat, and Powder Blue

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Sporting Kansas City: First, back to the Wizards. It has history and is leaps and bounds compared to vanilla Sporting. Second, there was a rebrand concept thread with red, yellow, royal blue, and black as the colors with a Wizard of Oz motiff. Much better than being the 75638th team to use light blue/dark blue.

soundersbanner.png

NFL:

Rams - Bring back yellow & royal

NBA:

Thunder - Anything other than what they have currently...

MLB:

Astros - Bring back blue & orange

MLS:

LA Galaxy - Bring back yellow & green

Sporting KC - Bring back th rainbow (black & white kit sets with rainbow accents)

San Jose - Bring back "Clash" colors (light/baby blue, black, & orange)

san-jose-clash-away-football-shirt-1997-1998-s_8217_2.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

san-jose-clash-away-football-shirt-1997-1998-s_8217_2.jpg

Really? You want these brought back?:

SanJoseClash_FRC_1996_SOL_SRGB.png

Or:

SanJoseClash_FRC_1999_SOL_SRGB.png

Personally I think they're interesting, but wow - craziness abounds.

Wish the marlins would go back to the teal days and the clash colors and kits were awesome I have one of those jerseys

This times a million.

And I have a feeling we'll all be wishing even harder come November when they unveil whatever god-awful crap Jeff Loria cooks up for the Miami Marlins.

Wish the marlins would go back to the teal days and the clash colors and kits were awesome I have one of those jerseys

This times a million.

And I have a feeling we'll all be wishing even harder come November when they unveil whatever god-awful crap Jeff Loria cooks up for the Miami Marlins.

If they use the blue in the" new stadium" logo.... it may not be bad....

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

Really? You want these brought back?:

Personally I think they're interesting, but wow - craziness abounds.

No...they had way too many colors represented back then...I just love the two blues and orange-ish combo from the kit I posted.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

NFL: Jacksonville - The teal and gold never really worked, but it's aged even worse. No other team looks as dated as the Jags.

MLB: Astros - Like AJM said, bring back the blue and orange

Jays - Unlike most, I have no issues with the black and graphite, it looks sleek and modern, but they could put in an effort to add some red again somewhere (other than the maple leaf on their sleeves).

NBA: Jazz - I much prefer the 2004 Blue and Purple look. The green, navy and yellow doesn't suit the name or logo at all.

NHL: San Jose - Get rid of the orange. It's fugly. Keep the new logo, but go back to the early 90's colours. Those first jerseys still look great.

Florida - Not a fan of the Red, Yellow and Navy. The combo just screams small market/minor league to me. Not sure what I'd replace it with though.

The Penguins and Pitt need to ditch this vegas gold crap, go back to the true color of the Burgh.

+10000

+10000000000...Here's why it would never happen though, at least under Lemieux's ownership. Mario Lemieux is a fan of Vegas Gold. I'll admit, they were a nice change of pace. It's not like no other Pittsburgh sports teams ever sported a darker, less bold color of gold. The Pitt Panthers and the 71' Pirates have. But the problem I have with these current jerseys is that there's no contrast. It makes it bland to look at all of the time. I would like to see a better striping pattern with the return to Athletic gold. Keep a black vegas gold jersey as a third.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Archived