Sports Teams that Need to Rebrand Their Color Scheme

piratesfan16

I'm actually pleasantly surprised this thread hasn't jumped the shark yet--pretty much like every other "______________ Teams That Need To _____________" thread that's been created up in here--but, this is EDIT: the beginning of page two...there's still time. :)

That said, I got three votes...one from the NFL (that's already been touched on), one from the NBA, & one from the MLB.

NFL: Rams... 'Nuff said.

NBA: Memphis Grizzlies. Go look in the other thread about teams that should go back to an original uniform; in that thread is a picture I photoshopped of the current Grizz sets in their former colors. That scheme was sharp & unique. They never should've left it alone.

MLB: Houston Astros. I don't give a damn 'bout no McLean (Lane?) Trucking or the fact the owner of that company also owns the 'Stros; the brick and sand never said "Astros" to me, still doesn't. I once did a concept wherein the Astros were outfitted in black, copper & a silvery green...that's a concept set I wish the Astros would use, fits the "space" theme damn near perfectly.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In your opinion, what sports teams desperately need to either overhaul their color scheme, include more of a certain color, not include a certain color, or etc?

At least one team must be bothering you enough to begin a thread.

Give us yours since you started the thread.

Toronto Blue Jays should go back to these jerseys from the early 2000s, minus the red in the road uniform.

p389794dt.jpg

k655r06f6nueh0uuxl9eq5eos.gif

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

In your opinion, what sports teams desperately need to either overhaul their color scheme, include more of a certain color, not include a certain color, or etc?

Toronto Blue Jays should go back to these jerseys from the early 2000s, minus the red in the road uniform.

p389794dt.jpg

I wish there were an applause emoticon, cause I'd use it here.

I agree 100%. I mentioned the Blue Jays on the first page, and these were the uniforms I had in mind. The home one's especially.

90758391980.gif

p389794dt.jpg

I wish there were an applause emoticon, cause I'd use it here.

I agree 100%. I mentioned the Blue Jays on the first page, and these were the uniforms I had in mind. The home one's especially.

Haha thanks. The favorite thing about the home jersey for me is the font and color scheme. Two-tone blues and white. Very sharp.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Rebrand is the most mis-used term on these boards. By far.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

San Jose - Bring back "Clash" colors (light/baby blue, black, & orange)

Really? You want these brought back?:

Personally I think they're interesting, but wow - craziness abounds.

No...they had way too many colors represented back then...I just love the two blues and orange-ish combo from the kit I posted.

See, the problem is that those uniforms weren't two shades of Blue and Orange...they were the hot mess of colors I posted earlier:

SanJoseClash_FRC_1999_SOL_SRGB.png

NFL- Titans more red like the oilers less navy blue

NHL- Stars, less black more yellow like the north stars

MLB- Astros, bring back the Navy & gold

NBA- prob a 4 way tie, mavs(green), hawks(yellow), timberwolves(green) raptors(purple)

MLB-

Brewers- Bring back the blue and yellow

Diamondbacks- bring back purple and teal.

Padres- Bring back the brown

NBA-

Cavs: Bring back orange and blue

Hawks: Bring back red and yellow

NFL-

Eagels- Drop the teal and go with kelly green

Bucs- Add orange

NFL-

Canucks- Go back to gold, orange, and black

Ducks- Bring back purple and teal

Agree 100% with Pittsburgh. They also need to ditch the double blue alternates... Some things are better left in the past.

Another team that really needs to change it's palette is the Buffalo Sabres. The Navy blue with silver accents looks dated already being reminiscent of what Islanders and Oilers tried to do in the 90's.

Speaking of the Oilers, they need to permanently drop the Midnight Blue and copper. The Navy third should NOT stick around as an alternate.

Dallas needs to make green the dominant colour once again, maybe even change the shade to kelley.

San Jose needs to bring back grey, return to the original shade of teal and remove orange from the striping.

Eagels- Drop the teal and go with kelly green

Bucs- Add more gold/yellow

Time out...what??? :blink:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

^ That'd be creamsicle orange. Actually, "Florida Orange" is what they used to call it back in the day.

(Thought for a minute you were confused by my avatar or something. :P )

It's not :censored: ING teal. It's jade. Call it green if anything.

Speaking of green, that's the only thing I'd change with the current Ducks scheme. Change out the black for a deep, dark green (midnight green? does that exist?). Dark green, gold, orange. That'd be nice.

As far as old color schemes to bring back

NBA - Toronto needs to bring back the purple.

MLB - Arizona needs to go back to the purple/green.

NFL - For the most part the color schemes are alright, but on the whole they could use some brightening up i.e. Pats add more red, teams with metallic shades/fabrics go to brighter normal versions i.e. Rams go back to the yellow-gold.

NHL - San Jose needs to drop the orange and replace it with silver, LA needs to add touches of purple/gold to the silver/black, Minnesota needs to go back to majority green (minimize the red).

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

kansas city chiefs need a warmer red and gold instead of yellow. basically, they should do what the rams did.

hawks need to go back to red and yellow. maybe something similar to what i suggested for the chiefs.

houston rockets need to bring back yellow or add gold.

teams with red white and blue color schemes outside of DC could use something different.

NO .... on the PENGUINS

The look before was way too much like the BRUINS

Sorry, I disagree, the city of Pittsburgh has the colors of blak and gold long before Boston, that is why they were allowed to change their colors in the first place. I really don't like the vegas gold on the current uniforms, which need to go, if they were to use a metallic material, like on the pre edge jerseys, but on a different template, that would be okay.

It's not :censored: ING teal. It's jade. Call it green if anything.

If you're not going to call the Mighty Ducks' color Teal, then you can't call the Mariners' "Northwest Green" Teal either.

They're the same color.

MLB:

I kind of wish the BoSox would emphasize red more. I think the bluer road uniforms they switched to a couple of years ago was a downgrade.

I wish the Royals would use gold somewhere, at least in an alternate form.

Brewers: Same as KC. Use gold a little more, at least in an alternate form.

Mets: Drop the black. I liked it for most if the time, but it's time to go. Bring back the (just) blue and orange.

Pirates: I think they should incorporate their red somewhere. I actually didn't mind their red vests so much.

NBA:

Hornets: Bring back teal. Ditch the Creole Blue.

Surprisingly (to me), that's my only real NBA color complaint.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived