NHL OFFSEASON - 2011

charger77

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim Erixon whines and doesn't want to be a Flame.

So he was traded to the Rangers a couple days ago for two 2nd round picks and Roman Horak. The return is okay, but Erixon could be the next big thing and he was about the only blue chipper we had in the Org. From the day he was drafted in June 2009 all his family could say was how he loved to be a Ranger (Being born in Port Chester, NY and have your dad Jan play for them would help) but if the Flames knew he didn't want to sign here why did it take them so long right up to the deadline.

Calgary seems to be on that list of places players don't want to sign.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

have they said when the schedule will be coming out yet? also any news if there will be a heritage classic in 2012. i know there will be a winter classic in 2012 (in philly from what has been said)

so long and thanks for all the fish.

have they said when the schedule will be coming out yet? also any news if there will be a heritage classic in 2012. i know there will be a winter classic in 2012 (in philly from what has been said)

At the BoG meetings on June 21st is when they'll announce it I believe.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Primary objective for the Blackhawks between now and the end of the month: please, once and for all, define the roles of Patrick Sharp and Dave Bolland. Is Sharp your #1 left wing or #2 center? Is Bolland your #2 center or #3? Sharp can more than adequately center a second line with Marian Hossa on it, or he can move up to play with Toews and Kane and compose a league-leading scoring attack, albeit one that severely lacks defensive responsibility. Bolland has the playmaking ability to be an effective #2 center (when Pavel Kubina isn't concussing him), but he can slide down to the third line and be the best in the league at that roster spot. It's a good problem that both players are so skilled, but the fact remains that there's going to be an open slot no matter how you choose to allocate them, and resources are finite. If you go Sharp-Toews-Kane up top with Frolik-Bolland-Hossa on the second line, you're back in the market for a shutdown center after losing Sammy Pahlsson and John Madden to bad teams and aging. If you keep Bolland on the third line with (ostensibly) Bickell and Smith, Sharp either plays out of position at center with a Spinal Tap Drummer power forward on Toews's left wing, or he plays on the first line with the hole at #2 center to be filled in free agency more expensively than the one at #3. Either way, being organizationally bereft at center has really gotten to be a problem. There's no one on the farm. Markus Kruger has the frame of a high school freshman.

Tomas Kopecky is a UFA off a career year, and somebody is going to overpay for a utility forward who had the good fortune of sharing ice time with Marian Hossa when he could do no wrong. I'm going to wager Columbus paying 15 over 4.

Troy Brouwer should take what he's offered and like it. Guy's whole raison d'etre is flanking Toews and Kane to keep opposing teams honest, and he failed at this so miserably that he lost the gig to Viktor Stalberg.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Wonder how well they'll run a trap in front of Jason lolBarbara. Also, this is probably going to cost the Flyers a defenseman and/or Versteeg. Quite the cap crunch they have out there.

I'm guessing Carle and Versteeg are both goners. That takes about $7MMish off the books, which leaves about 12 to spend on Bryzgalov and four or five skaters.

I'm guessing Carle and Versteeg are both goners. That takes about $7MMish off the books, which leaves about 12 to spend on Bryzgalov and four or five skaters.

Not that big of a loss. Is Leino up this year too?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Does this mean Carter is likely gone to afford him?

There's rumors about Jeff Carter going to Columbus for the 8th pick and someone else. With Scott Howson I've never heard a rumor that came true though. That said, I think he knows this off-season will determine his future with the team so I don't expect him to do nothing like he did last off-season.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It is notable that Carter got a super-contract without a no-trade, but it would be a really crappy move (bad optics!) if Holmgren signed Carter to that deal and flipped him before it even went into effect. We could even get another round of contract bitching out of it.

Isn't there a provision about not trading someone who just signed until x amount of days have elapsed? I'm pretty sure baseball and the NBA have that. I think it's June 1st in baseball.

Coyotes have traded the rights of Ilya Bryzgalov to Philadelphia.

You have got to be kidding me, now they are just giving away their top players.

You'd be cool with it if they gave away their top players to the Devils because it would be another savvy, cunning move, by Lamoriello, right?

Archived