NHL OFFSEASON - 2011

charger77

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CCSLC-CON MOKENA 2011

I'm down. Let's hold it at Denny's. We can have a contest to see who can most accurately draw the Blackhawks logo from memory. From there, it's off to the OTB.

And we can swing by Triple Threat Sports for something vaguely logo-y!

Also, I vote for alcohol and horse wagering before Denny's, as is the tradition of our fair land.

Deal. So it will be you, me, Patchez, AnythingChicago, Chaz and eriqjaffe with special guests appearances by TheAdmiral and George Takei, because he has nothing better to do than sign for nerds at conventions.

You know, I have never been to Mokena. That whole Will County thing is still mostly terra incognita to me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Why is TSN.ca giving as much attention to the Draper retirement as they are?

Extremely slow news day.

Its the offseason.

Drapers not a star per say but hes also played in 1000 games for Detroit, a feat only matched by Gordie Howe, Alex Delvecchio, Steve Yzerman and Nicklas Lidstrom, a list of nobodies to be sure. :P

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

CCSLC-CON MOKENA 2011

I'm down. Let's hold it at Denny's. We can have a contest to see who can most accurately draw the Blackhawks logo from memory. From there, it's off to the OTB.

And we can swing by Triple Threat Sports for something vaguely logo-y!

Also, I vote for alcohol and horse wagering before Denny's, as is the tradition of our fair land.

Deal. So it will be you, me, Patchez, AnythingChicago, Chaz and eriqjaffe with special guests appearances by TheAdmiral and George Takei, because he has nothing better to do than sign for nerds at conventions.

I think we get the likes of Billy B and CS85, too. Scarsofthumper can fly in and regale us with tales of working for an indy-league baseball team owner who had no intent of paying his employees.

You know, I have never been to Mokena. That whole Will County thing is still mostly terra incognita to me.

Corn, soybeans, scattered retail, oversized single-family housing developments that seemed like a really good idea in 2007, speed traps, lower cigarette taxes. And Joliet. Think that just about sums it up. Though, compared to most of southern Cook, where I spent my formative years and then some, it's a jewel.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So this offseason the Red Wings have lost Osgood, Rafalski and Draper. They better sign Cory Stillman so they can stay above their old guy quota.

Chris Drury will be 35 when the season starts. He'll fit right in.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Let's be honest though, they could have it as a sub-headline somewhere on their website and you'd still ask the same question.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Let's be honest though, they could have it as a sub-headline somewhere on their website and you'd still ask the same question.

And that would be incorrect. I just thought a full page article on the NHL main page plus three videos was a bit of an over kill for a 3rd liner's retirement. I don't think we saw that much coverage for a guy like Rod Brind'amour who is without a doubt a better player, the captain of a Stanley Cup winner and a multiple Selke winner

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

That guy's just gotta be an absolute nightmare in the locker room and off the ice. Even when he's serviceable in net, nobody wants him until they get really desperate.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Drapers not a star per say

Per se.

Douche bag

...and it's a shame about Emery.

There was a lot of potential there, but he ruined himself with his attitude.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

That guy's just gotta be an absolute nightmare in the locker room and off the ice. Even when he's serviceable in net, nobody wants him until they get really desperate.

It's more likely that the issue is about durability than personality.

In fact, I'd say that the determination he's shown in recovering from his near career-ending hip injury is further proof of his competitiveness and will to win. He's matured to the point that character is probably a plus now, and health is the question mark.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Wow great deal, surprising to see the Devils and Isles make a trade very rare.

Not really. On the top of my head I can think of several trades the two teams have made with each other.

Very happy with the trade. Now they have ensured they have money for Parise + room for a possible deadline deal

Archived