charger77

NHL OFFSEASON - 2011

Wow great deal, surprising to see the Devils and Isles make a trade very rare.

Not really. On the top of my head I can think of several trades the two teams have made with each other.

Very happy with the trade. Now they have ensured they have money for Parise + room for a possible deadline deal

Getting Zach locked up will be big. I would like to see him named Captain this year.

Wow great deal, surprising to see the Devils and Isles make a trade very rare.

Not really. On the top of my head I can think of several trades the two teams have made with each other.

Very happy with the trade. Now they have ensured they have money for Parise + room for a possible deadline deal

Getting Zach locked up will be big. I would like to see him named Captain this year.

Just as big as signing Kovalchuk to that ridiculously long deal, right?

No bigger, Zach Parise is a more complete player the Kovalchuk, and a better leader.

Through the Twitterverse...

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

Parise's one year deal with NJD is worth $6M.

1 minute ago

Umm, so repeat the process all over again next year for the Devils?

As for the Rolston/Hunter trade, it's decent for the Isles. As much as I like Trent Hunter, he hasn't produced much for the Isles the past couple of years. Rolston can bring some good veteran leadership with Doug Weight retired.

Now granted, flip around everything I said here if the Islanders vote goes sour on Monday (probably will). Because if they leave the island, guess who would step into favorite team mode? No, not the Rangers. Yes, the Devils :P

Fail. It's a special election on a Monday in August. The only people voting will be the ones really revved up against it. And that's probably for the best.

Fail. It's a special election on a Monday in August. The only people voting will be the ones really revved up against it. And that's probably for the best.

Or revved up for it. Still a fail.

Yeah, I'm not really getting my hopes up for it. Quite a lot of people against it, plus I think the way it's been in Newsday and News 12 everyday for the past 3 months means people realize the election's going on so it's not like people are getting caught off guard. There hasn't been much positive press about it (when you get the NY Times, WSJ, Daily News, and Post all agreeing that it's not a good idea, it's not looking good, and believe me getting all four of those NYC papers to agree on something is a minor miracle) and Newsday's only really gone into positive stories the past 2 weeks after 2 and a half months of leading with negatives. I'm personally voting for it, but they coulda done a much better job coming up with a plan for this arena. I just don't see a lot of people agreeing to any tax hike here in Nassau County, not even counting any morons who will vote no because they think the NHL's still in a lockout or because they're Ranger fans wanting the Islanders to leave (I'm seriously not kidding.. there's Ranger fans on my Facebook feed who are voting no simply because it's the Islanders, even with the Dolans' and Rangers organization's support).

So yeah, if the vote's yes, fantastic I'll be able to root for the Islanders for years and years to come. If no, I hope they either come up with a Plan B fairly soon or make a move soon. I can't sit with a team in a 4 season lame duck period. If they're gonna leave, get it over and done with, and I'll find another team to root for.

So if this fails like everyone pretty much expects it to, what happens to the Islanders?

A. Wang moves the team to Brooklyn to share the Barclays Center with the Nets even though I don't think it's being built to house a hockey team. Can Wang get out of the lease before 2015?

B. Wang relocates the team to another city after the 2014-2015 season

C. Wang sells the team to someone else and that person or group relocates the team to another city after the 2014-2015 season

So if this fails like everyone pretty much expects it to, what happens to the Islanders?

A. Wang moves the team to Brooklyn to share the Barclays Center with the Nets even though I don't think it's being built to house a hockey team

C. Wang sells the team to someone else and that person or group relocates the team to another city after the 2014-2015 season

D. Can Wang get out of the lease before 2015

In response to option A, do we have confirmation that Barclays Center will be able to host the NHL on a regular basis?

A. Wang moves the team to Brooklyn to share the Barclays Center with the Nets even though I don't think it's being built to house a hockey team

In response to option A, do we have confirmation that Barclays Center will be able to host the NHL on a regular basis?

I'm still trying to figure that out. I've heard yes and no. Maybe dfwabel knows?

I'm still trying to figure that out. I've heard yes and no.

Yeah, I've heard conflicting things with the Barclays Center as well as what the hell's going on at Willets Point next to Citi Field. It's kinda confusing once you get into backup plans

Why is it expected to fail?

Because in America only people who hate taxes vote in primaries and special elections.

Because in America only people who hate taxes vote in primaries and special elections.

I know, but has there been any other reason to think it will fail besides that?

Versus to be renamed 'NBC Sports Network' in January 2012. Story

People having a say in how their money is spent, the nerve! Ammirite.

Now taking the your Albuquerque Islanders. Gary Bettman convinced hockey and deserts are perfect together does it again.

Versus to be renamed 'NBC Sports Network' in January 2012. Story

Good move. Gives the network more credibility and a name people know.

NBCSN sounds pretty good too.