Oakland A's "Oakland" script

slapshot

Watching the Sox-A's game today, I noticed that the O doesn't connect to the rest of the lettering in Oakland. At least on most jerseys. I thought I saw someone's lettering misaligned (may have been a coach) where the O connected to the a.

The logos on the mothership show the separation. Has it always been this way? I thought I remember it one continuous script instead of the separate O.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Dressed To The Nines it has always been that way.

Similarly (and this is something I only noticed since I started my NL project), the w and e in the Brewers script are only connected by the invisible "outline" they share, not to each other. Same thing with the w and a in "Milwaukee."

fint0g6oahbn5w0gh69wqdcpm.gif

57wt2ydluhs1c81g0qkwbasso.gif

Been a lifelong A's fan and the "O" has never connected to the rest of the name. The only changes they've made is the loop on the "O" in the 90s.

I've never connected an uppercase O to the next letter in cursive.

Correct. Who does that anyway?

Go A's!

then you don't write correctly in cursive.

Blame my teachers for teaching it wrong to me if that is the rule. They told me to never connect capital letters to any following letters when writing cursive.

And for the Orioles, that's only because it's the convenience of the slant and the sizing of the first letter.

Go A's!

I knew the Brewers' current set sucked before. However, I am just now noticing the little half underline thing. What the hell? What idiot thought that was a good idea?

No idea.

But as a Brewers fan since '74, you're right. The current uniforms suck. Bring back 1999 without the green.

Okay, Mr. Expert, how do you connect an uppercase O and a lower case a in cursive?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Okay, Mr. Expert, how do you connect an uppercase O and a lower case a in cursive?

Okay, Mr. Douchebag, did you know my 8 year old brother could show you the correct way to do that?

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38/DrewDawg0808/otoa.jpg

Okay, Mr. Douchebag, did you know my 8 year old brother could show you the correct way to do that?

Actually I didn't know that, but I'm glad you asked if I knew. And wow. You showed me. There's no other correct way to do it I guess. Only your 8 year old brother knows the way. You oughta get him in a commercial or something...his cursive his just too awesomely correct.

If you're gonna call me a douchebag, you better not come across as the same.

That looks awful. I would never do that.

90758391980.gif

Actually I didn't know that, but I'm glad you asked if I knew. And wow. You showed me. There's no other correct way to do it I guess. Only your 8 year old brother knows the way. You oughta get him in a commercial or something...his cursive his just too awesomely correct.

If you're gonna call me a douchebag, you better not come across as the same.

It was warranted for me to act like a douche when you did in the first place. Secondly....nevermind, it's not worth my time to argue with you. Sorry you don't know proper handwriting.

According to this, that's not how you write a capital "O". The loop is on top, not on the side. And with that, that's the reason why you don't connect capital letters with lowercase letters -- because in some cases, they just can't connect.

Because if I was to say write the team name "Dragons" in cursive and have all the letters connect as you suggest, I'd be screwed.

Go A's!

According to this, that's not how you write a capital "O". The loop is on top, not on the side. And with that, that's the reason why you don't connect capital letters with lowercase letters -- because in some cases, they just can't connect.

Because if I was to say write the team name "Dragons" in cursive and have all the letters connect as you suggest, I'd be screwed.

Um...you're wrong. Taylor Gangor and his 8 year old brother obviously know cursive better than anyone in the world. We're all probably going to hell for not knowing cursive, so I'd listen to what he says.

haha

Is there even an "official" cursive? I know were all taught something just so they have something to grade you against, but I know several people who learned "official" cursive differently than I did. Basically as long as none of your letterforms are ambiguous does it really matter? I'd argue tho that you can connect capitals to lowercases in most cases with only slight mods to the cap.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived