NHL Canada

raysox

I saw a flock of Manitoba Moosen!

YES! (I wonder how many other people are going to get that reference.)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

THERE WERE MANY OF EM MANY MUCH MOOSEN OUT IN THE WOODS IN THE WOODES IN THE WOODSEN!

GERMAN! GERMAINE! GERMAINE JACKSON! JACKSON FIVE! TITO!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Canadiens looks pretty solid. I would of used blue on the third instead of black. Seantors looks awesome, its simple and you used the right logo. Maple Leafs looks pretty awesome as well. Thats a really cool third jersey. The Moose looks alright, I feel like they need to be a bit original with it, by not stealing the design from the AHL. Oilers is what I want, the third looks good, but it might not on a jersey. Flames could be a bit better, but its still good. Canucks is a downgrade, the uniforms they have now are pretty good. I do like how you used Green for the third though.

THERE WERE MANY OF EM MANY MUCH MOOSEN OUT IN THE WOODS IN THE WOODES IN THE WOODSEN!

GERMAN! GERMAINE! GERMAINE JACKSON! JACKSON FIVE! TITO!

I bought two boxen of doughnuts.

-----

As far as the concept.

Love the classic Habs, Leafs, and Oilers sets as well as the 3rds.

Ottawa - Profiled senator has always been the best logo and the laurel striping has always been their best striping. Good show. And I know Sens fans love the old school "O" logo/jerseys, but it's never done much for me. It's well-rendered by you, but I've personally never been a fan of that design.

Calgary - Piping still goes to nowhere. I feel out of these sets, the Flames one is the most uninspired. Looks junky compared to the others. The white "C" looks terribly out of place on that jersey. The black alt is just a fill in on an already bad template. Start from scratch on those. The whole look needs to be revamped.

Vancouver - Love the use of Johnny Canuck, but I'd remove the silver outline. It's nowhere else to be found on the jersey, and adding it to your set might bring out a Hartford Whalers vibe. I'd also take out the faux-yokes. Useless. And I love the green alt, but like someone else said, Johnny's green shirt gets a little lost. If there was a way to make it stand out (white outline? circle/triangle base?) it'd be 100x better.

Manitobaa - while I don't necessarily like the choice of Moose, I understand your reasons. I do like the simplifying of the logo. I'm not a fan of the Panthers sleeve stripes. I've never been a huge fan of the Moose's EDGE set. Script 3rd is blah. And I'm not a fan of the leaf-M as the alt crest at all. After you blow up the Flames set, you can start on this one. I like the layout of colors, but not a fan of the template. And I'd try the gold/brown color for the 3rds rather than the black. The green really gets lost in the black set.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• 2 weeks later...

I think ALL of these save the Manitoba Moose are absolutely amazing.

Go back to the Jets original WHA logo and we have a winner! The Moose is no good. Like earlier posters said: Keep it in the AHL where it belongs.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I GOT THE REFERENCE! Anyway, I think that the NHL should be only Canada. That is what was originally intended and it is Canada's sport.

Yeah, because it makes so much financial sense to have a team in the :censored:ing northwest territory, and not one in New York :rolleyes:

I GOT THE REFERENCE! Anyway, I think that the NHL should be only Canada. That is what was originally intended and it is Canada's sport.

Yeah, because it makes so much financial sense to have a team in the :censored:ing northwest territory, and not one in New York :rolleyes:

Give away my project, why don't you. Now that the secret is out, my idea was a 29 Canadian team league, plus Tampa. Tampa will play in the South East division with teams like Niagra, Hamilton, and Winsdor, who all relocated from Buffalo, Phoenix, and Detroit respectively.

6/7 Calgary Flames

I'm not a fan of the throwback, or the current, but the current could be improved on. That's what I did here. I tried simplifying it, no crazy stripes or anything. The under arm is full black, not crazy. Two simple black and yellow stripes on the sleeves. The roads are a white version of the home. The font is also block, instead of the italicized ones now. The new alt is a black version, which reminds me of the days with the horse logo.

Flames.png

There are just so many things wrong with the current Flames jerseys and while this does address some of the problems (Flags, Hem Stripes) it's still not a very good design I'm afraid. The Flames are 30 year old franchise with a cup behind them. They should be dressed accordingly with something classy and traditional. The piping to nowhere looks awful and striping is inferior to not only the 2004 jerseys (best in flames history) but the new ones as well. Also the black "C" is infinitely superior to the white one. Those who say it looks like the logo is burnt out are taking things far too literally.

Archived