Mini Collectible NFL Helmets

ltj009

I've got 200-300 of them in the closet at my parents house. I absolutely loved going to the grocery store with my mom and getting as many as I could with the handful of change I found around my house. Bummer they stopped making them.

They haven't stopped making them. I saw some in a machine at the supermarket not long ago. The new ones have a more accurate shape, with rounded sides instead of flat, and the logos are imprinted right on the helmet, not a paper decal. (The website gumballhelmets.com has an image here.)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

I have a bunch of the 2-bar facemask version. I think KMart was my spot. Always bugged me that they went out of their way to make the Cowboys helmet a custom (and incorrect) color, but didn't bother to make the sticker the same color.

Those "new" ones are sold as a set at the local Dick's Sporting Goods, right next to the baseball helmet standings pack. I was so tempted to buy both the other day, now I'm thinking I will. Seeing these old sets inflates the collector's value in my mind, even though I know I'll never get that $25 bucks back.

I've got 200-300 of them in the closet at my parents house. I absolutely loved going to the grocery store with my mom and getting as many as I could with the handful of change I found around my house. Bummer they stopped making them.

They haven't stopped making them. I saw some in a machine at the supermarket not long ago. The new ones have a more accurate shape, with rounded sides instead of flat, and the logos are imprinted right on the helmet, not a paper decal. (The website gumballhelmets.com has an image here.)

Those new ones are essentially the old-style Riddell Pocket Pros, before Riddell changed their pocket pros to the Revolution style helmet.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I tried to get these whenever I had the chance; I wanted to get all of them, but I never could.

I never thought that I'd get the old-school Jets one, and then they changed to what they have now, and I got one soon after. I wanted to get all 32 teams and do standings and such. It was quite fun...

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Ahh, these lil guys were bad ass! I was all into the mini helmets when I was 8-9 years old. Blew many allownaces to collect the entire set (28 teams back then). Green Bay was the team I had the most trouble finiding -- but one day got lucky by being unlucky. The helmet machine at our local K-Mart ate my quarter. Wanting a helmet so badly, I tracked down the manager lady and told her what happened. She pulled out her giant ring of keys, popped open the top of the machine, and asked if there was a specific team I wanted. Got my Packers helmet and life, at least for that moment, was complete.

6uXNWAo.png

I see those in Sports stores like Bleacher Bums for about $3.00 each. I bought my son a Redskins one. Never saw them in gumball machines. If I did, I'd raid the house for quarters.

They also sell those helmets in sets by division and NFC/AFC sets for about $20 each conference...so it could cost a bit to get the league.

I also have a Redskins/Cowboys checkers game with helmets but those are lower quality, many have stripes that are printed poorly.

44-37296-F.jpg

87Redskins.png

Ahh, these lil guys were bad ass! I was all into the mini helmets when I was 8-9 years old. Blew many allownaces to collect the entire set (28 teams back then). Green Bay was the team I had the most trouble finiding -- but one day got lucky by being unlucky. The helmet machine at our local K-Mart ate my quarter. Wanting a helmet so badly, I tracked down the manager lady and told her what happened. She pulled out her giant ring of keys, popped open the top of the machine, and asked if there was a specific team I wanted. Got my Packers helmet and life, at least for that moment, was complete.

Cool story.

I don't remember a problem helmet to find but I do remember having a ton of Bills helmets...the red ones. I also had a white one with blue facemask.

I remember my Lions one was different than the other silver helmets (Raiders, Seahawks), it had a ton of glitter in it and a light blue facemask. Later on, they dropped that "feature".

87Redskins.png

Archived