MLB 3D Alternate Batting Helmets

DaRadniz29

Here are 9 of the 30 MLB teams that I've created Alternate Batting helmets for. I am going to do more, so if you have a particular team you want to see me attempt, let me know.

mlbalthelmets1.png

The padding from the ear and crown was getting better (well mostly) with each helmet I did. The Marlins was one of the first helmets I did, while the Giants and Rockies were the most recent. Enjoy!!

If you're curious, I got the template from a friend who got it from a website. He said he's going to see if he can find the link, so I can give credit to the creator. I did make a few minor changes. Before my alteration, the foam padding, would turn the same color as the helmet. I was able to create two separate layers as you'll see. One for the Inner padding (crown padding) and one for the Ear padding.

The best way to change the colors is on select the "Full Helmet" layer and then to go to Layers tab and change the Hue and Saturation (and lightness) to your liking. You can also do this by going to Colors and then Color Balance. The padding may change color with helmet - if it does, don't worry just go to the Ear Padding and Inner padding layers and both layers and change the 'layer mode' to "Saturation" and they should be a gray-ish color. Let me know if it doesn't work. You can do the same steps as you did for the crown portion of the helmet for the bill portion.

To add a logo, create a new layer and make sure it's above the Full Helmet layer and size it and then, rotate it and use the perspective until it's to your liking. I've found that 250 pixels wide by whatever high the logo requires works the best.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rh78vp6joo0c8zu

EDIT: Ah, just noticed the Giants logo is a bit off. I'll see if I can fix that.

These are pretty nice, I'd love to see a Tigers one done.

I decided to go with orange as the main color for these alternates. I personally like the first alternate better - the one with the Tiger through D.

tigersalternatehelmet1a.png

tigersalternatehelmet2a.png

Also if anyone wants the template, I updated the link above. It works much better with this one. When you open it, the helmet should be dark gray/black, the bill should be red and their layer modes should be "Normal" as should the Logo layer.

The Ear Padding and Crown Padding layers mode should be "Saturation"

They all look great. I would like to see one for the indians based on their alt. cap.

514PLdTL9mL._AA300_.jpg

Thanks. Here's the Indians and Blue Jays.

Cleveland Indians Alternate. Based on their alternate cap.

indiansalternatehelmet5.png

With the Blue Jays Alternate helmets, I went a different direction. I ditched the Black and Silver. I took the Black and made it Navy Blue. I took the gray and sliver from the "J" and made it two-shade red. The Blue Jay head and out line is the Skydome Blue they used to use.

Navy and Red version:

bluejayshelmetalternate.png

And a Skydome Blue and Red version:

bluejayshelmetalternate.png

You're friend got it from DeviantART and I created the first one. I like how you made it more user-friendly. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, Jay. No problem on making it user friendly. Thanks for creating the awesome helmet!! :)

These are pretty nice, I'd love to see a Tigers one done.

I decided to go with orange as the main color for these alternates. I personally like the first alternate better - the one with the Tiger through D.

tigersalternatehelmet1a.png

tigersalternatehelmet2a.png

Pretty cool, I like the D better though. Probably because I'm a Tigers fan and live with it.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

They all look great. I would like to see one for the indians based on their alt. cap.

514PLdTL9mL._AA300_.jpg

they actually wear those helmets for all road games

acabrera-bunt-royals-squ-apjpg-edc359d5b91947e3.jpg

personally I think they need to add an all red helmet with a blue c to match the home alt hat...

the blue home helmet doesn't look right with the cream jerseys

514PLdTL9mL._AA300_.jpg

they actually wear those helmets for all road games

personally I think they need to add an all red helmet with a blue c to match the home alt hat...

the blue home helmet doesn't look right with the cream jerseys

I feel stupid for not knowing that.

even though their road uniforms are forgettable anyway:

2011-Indians-Uniforms.jpg

Also I agree that a red helmet with the same logo in blue would look good with their home alt uniforms.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

vmd9 - yeah I knew the Indians wore the All blue/Navy alternate helmets for road games, that's why I went with the red bill. But yeah, you're right the all red might look better with the cream jerseys. I'll see if I can get that one done.

camly - yeah good eye. I had two A's logo I want to try out an see how they looked on the helmet. I'm not fond of either logo on the green helmets. might rework that one. At some point, once I know which alternates we like, I'll post a pic for each league like I did in the OP.

Trying to decide on how to do the Phillies and Royals. I know Phillies already use a alternate helmet, but I want to see if I can come up with that hasn't been done. Any ideas for either these teams or others?

Archived