Montreal Impact changing their logo for MLS

Evil Doctor

Montreal Impact sticking with name and colours for MLS debut

The Montreal Impact will be getting a new look for its Major League Soccer debut next season.

The Impact confirmed Monday the team name and colours would stay the same, but a new logo and jersey would be unveiled this summer.

It's a shame, I kinda of like the current Impact logo, despite being a wordmark logo (and being a soccer logo...)

logo-impact.jpg

tigercatssignature-1.png

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Montreal Impact will be getting a new look for its Major League Soccer debut next season.

The Impact confirmed Monday the team name and colours would stay the same, but a new logo and jersey would be unveiled this summer.

It's a shame, I kinda of like the current Impact logo, despite being a wordmark logo (and being a soccer logo...)

logo-impact.jpg

Current Impact logo looks too much like an NFL or NBA logo. Think it's smart to stay with name and colors but make the logo look more like a professional soccer team logo. Only bummer is the blue/silver color combo doesn't do much for me. Like the blue. Silver just doesn't look that great for soccer IMO.

They generally don't use the silver much at all; their kits tend to be all-white (home) or all-blue (change) with opposite trim. If I remember correctly, they did have an all-black kit a few years ago.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I could do without the ball or motion lines on this one. Looks very 90s to me. As a Revs fan, I shouldn't be able to talk about logos that scream 90s, but I call 'em like I see 'em.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

They generally don't use the silver much at all; their kits tend to be all-white (home) or all-blue (change) with opposite trim. If I remember correctly, they did have an all-black kit a few years ago.

They have an all pink one now too, right?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I was hoping for a name change, but I can settle for a rebrand.

I still think Olympique de Montreal would have had a nice ring to it, but I suppose the other OM would never have allowed it...

That, and the fact that the NASL's Montreal Olympique were a critical failure, and doesn't have the history of the Sounders, Timbers, Whitecaps, or Earthquakes even. Hopefully Montreal can get a classy image to cover up that nickname.

soundersbanner.png

I think they only used the pink kit for this year's Canadian Championship.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I think they only used the pink kit for this year's Canadian Championship.

They have had those for the past couple of seasons, not sure about the season where they won it though. I personally would like them to keep that pink alternate for the Canadian Championships.

logo-impact.jpg

Glad they are keeping the name and colors. Whatever the new crest will be, some will like it, some will hate it and the rest will just shrug their shoulders and say "Eh, it could be worse."

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

It's a shame they are changing the logo. I liked this one. Being a Saints fan, seeing the fluer-de-lis incorporated by other teams is cool. Why do teams think they have to shed everything for the MLS. Bring the history, don't change it! The whitecaps and sounders new logos are ugly.

Impact is such an awful name. I'm not 100% against any names that lack an "S" at the end (I like Thunder and Lightning just fine) but this is why most people don't like them. Impact, Wild, Heat, Magic, and Crew all come off as names a little league team voted to have (along with Power Rangers). But at least they're changing logos. That thing's as bad as the name.

Glad to see the colors and name untouched...hopefully they'll keep their pink/black kit.

Excites to see how the new logo/crest will turn out.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

• 3 weeks later...

The Montreal Impact logo have been created by Pigeon Branding and Design, a very low quality, old school design studio.

They mostly do packaging design - little cakes and detergent - but the owner of the Impact, Saputo Food, give them all their projects, despite the lack of creativity and talent of this studio.

Just like the logo design for the series Montreal|Quebec, the choice of agency has more to do with business relation than relevant know-how and design expertise. SidLee is notoriously known for copying most of their concepts, and the logo they have created for the Hockey TV series Montreal|Quebec is a joke.

Get ready guys, the next Montreal Impact logo will be an amateur, poorly designed proposition, just like everything else that comes from Pigeon Branding + Design.

Archived