Montreal Impact changing their logo for MLS

Evil Doctor

LOLLL! Atlas...

The logo from Montréal-Québec Hockey series is indeed very bad and cheap. I'm from Montreal and I know about the Sid Lee, this agency is perceived as being funky, but a friend of mine who worked there says it's a sausage manufacture, charging as much as possible, while exploting young designers. I didn't know theuy were behind the Montreal-Quebec logo, but that might explain why it's so bad. The Impact logo doesn't have the personality to rival with other teams in the league and it looks like it have been done by the owner nephew.

I hope that the new one will be more professional and credible.

A.F.

P.S. I've been on the website of the MQ series to remember how bad was the logo... Pathetic...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_série_Montréal-Québec

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that if they used the actual fleur-de-lis as a crest, not the minor-league HOLY CRAP OUTLINES one from NASL, but a simple, classic styled fleur-de-lis, with no cheesy soccer balls but a simple but distinctive wordmark treatment, it would work nicely.

And for those in the US, the reason they use the name IMPACT is because it's the same word in English and in French. Besides, ImpactS would be dumb.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I think that if they used the actual fleur-de-lis as a crest, not the minor-league HOLY CRAP OUTLINES one from NASL, but a simple, classic styled fleur-de-lis, with no cheesy soccer balls but a simple but distinctive wordmark treatment, it would work nicely.

And for those in the US, the reason they use the name IMPACT is because it's the same word in English and in French. Besides, ImpactS would be dumb.

Impact sans the S is dumb.

Their "shield" logo is pretty cool, and could be spruced up to make a proper MLS badge IMO:

montreal%20impact.gif

Also, came across these "logo proposals" for the Impact:

MI_2010_2.png

for me, the bottom right one is the best of the 3 there. all 3 need to drop the dumb 3D treatment though...

The first of the three is awful... looks like a telemarketing corporation logo or something. I would definitely agree that the 3rd is the best option, but even that isn't too great. Impact just seems like a pretty mediocre nickname to me.

90758391980.gif

For what it's worth, this was my concept for the Impact's move up to MLS I did a while back. Tried to class up their current logo with the fleur-de-lis(note the subliminal "M" at the bottom". Also has an Expos tribute kit.

montralimpact2012.gif

Love the simplicity... but you forgot the pink Canadian Soccer Championship jersey that they wear.

That's exactly why it's a good name.

The oval logo that was posted by Conrad. is awesome, it'd be unique to MLS and if they drop the 3D bull :censored: and drop the stars because they won't mean a thing in MLS.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

The oval logo that was posted by Conrad. is awesome, it'd be unique to MLS and if they drop the 3D bull :censored: and drop the stars because they won't mean a thing in MLS.

ask and ye shall receive:

MI_2010.png

ask and ye shall receive:

MI_2010.png

Love it!!!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Montreal

There you go. Montreal Impact :P

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

And for those in the US, the reason they use the name IMPACT is because it's the same word in English and in French.

The Canadiens don't let that stop them...

Yeah, let's not let 100 years between team naming conventions get in the way.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

And for those in the US, the reason they use the name IMPACT is because it's the same word in English and in French.

That may be the reason they chose Impact, but it doesn't make it a good name. It's still terrible. If Crew were the same in Spanish, English, French, and Japanese, it'd still be a terrible name.

That may be the reason they chose Impact, but it doesn't make it a good name. It's still terrible. If Crew were the same in Spanish, English, French, and Japanese, it'd still be a terrible name.

But if Columbus had a sizable amount of the population who spoke Spanish, French, and Japanese, it would make sense. Having a name that reaches to the maximum amount of people is what they're trying to do.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

But if Columbus had a sizable amount of the population who spoke Spanish, French, and Japanese, it would make sense. Having a name that reaches to the maximum amount of people is what they're trying to do.

I get the idea, but it's still a terrible name. That's all. I'll get used to it eventually (like I have with Crew, Wild, etc.) but it still won't make it a good name.

Not to open up that can of worms again, but I actually like the name "Real Montreal." Call it me, but I would prefer that a team representing an area where French is the primary language to have a name that's more in line with French naming conventions.

Not to open up that can of worms again, but I actually like the name "Real Montreal." Call it me, but I would prefer that a team representing an area where French is the primary language to have a name that's more in line with French naming conventions.

Having a Spanish name in a French place isn't that good

Having a Spanish name in a French place isn't that good

Well Montreal is French for "Mt. Royal" so it wouldn't be totally out of left field.

Archived