Montreal Impact changing their logo for MLS

Evil Doctor

They really missed the boat on grabbing Olympique Montreal. Too bad. I'm felling like the MLS is starting too come off as an indoor league. I'm all for being a Euro-poser when it comes to names. Timbers, Sounders. Okay, rich history and the rivalry is enough to keep the names alive. Wasn't thrilled with the earthquakes rebrand, especially when it joins the rapids, crews, and fires of the league. Youth league, Capri-sun B.S. if you ask me.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont have a problem with the Rapids, Crew, Fires, Impacts of the world or the FC's, Uniteds either. Main reason is we as a soccer nation are a very multi-cultural lot. American naming standards, European naming standards, it all fits with the narrative of North American soccer. Yeah the names and identities could be better, but the naming standards are right IMO.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Royale Montreal would't be to bad though.

Also, I don't buy the "we have to go with a name that's the same in English and French to appeal to everyone" story. You're already alienating Anglophones with the blue and white/FDL identity.

Hahaha nice joke.

1zqy8ok.gif

I'm alright with U.S. naming standards, but some of these feel too "extreme". Leaves a foul taste of rainbow kits and goofy crests from the leagues launch. Revolution, galaxy:good. Burn,impact:silly

Couldnt agree more. Glad they got rid of Burn when they renamed Dallas. I really do wish they had gone another route with Montreal, hopefully the crest is better than what it looks like it will be.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Yeah, Sounders/Timbers/Whitecaps aren't exactly good name either, but all of those have current history behind them; likewise with Montreal. If they'd renamed to something else in the process, it would have been highly disappointing.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yeah, Sounders/Timbers/Whitecaps aren't exactly good name either, but all of those have current history behind them; likewise with Montreal. If they'd renamed to something else in the process, it would have been highly disappointing.

My thoughts exactly

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Watched the unveiling video... it's not bad, but the banner text kinda kills it.

link?

i'm on the impact site and not seeing it.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I don't love it, the banner does kill it. It's not awful, though. Kind of reminds me of Barça or Flamengo, or even the USMNT.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Thanks Droost.

Eh. I don't like the 4 stars. Agree with the text being boring. Had to have the fluer du lies. Don't like the 3d effect. I assume we'll see some form of black and blue strips as the kit as seen in the bottom half.

Not a fan of the gradient at all. I also don't like how the banner is black and half of the bottom is black but there isn't any black to be found on the top half of the crest. I'm not really either way on the banner, I don't hate it but it doesn't really add too much to the logo. I just hope they actually wear blue and black stripes unlike Sporting KC.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived