Montreal Impact changing their logo for MLS

Evil Doctor

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted for visibility (some probably won't click through to the link):

250340_10150334282510979_116861190978_9966856_7233161_n.jpg

On the whole, I rather like it. Good shield shape, FdL not too much, silly nickname downplayed. Can't stand gradients, but this could've been so much worse.

What do the four stars represent?

According to this article it represents the 4 settlers of Montreal as illustrated on the flag. Yes, this flag.

I guess the 4 stars represent the 4 floral logos?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Yeah, "tous" is more "everything" than "anything".

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Tout pour gagner would mean anything to win

Tous pour gagner means Everyone to win

Top font is Bank gothic. Don't know the font of Impact and Montreal.

Overall, nice logo. Certainly lacks black in the top part of the shield. Gradients: not cool, on jerseys, not sure the jerseys will have gradients.

I believe you have a good idea of what the jersey will look like.

In my opinion, Canada MLS logos:

1. Vancouver Whitecaps: great idea, colors, excecution

2. Montreal Impact: nice colors, a bit traditional, the logo have signification

3. Toronto FC: They don't even have a name. How can they have an identity. Awful logo. No matter why BMO made eveything to sponsor another team.

3. Toronto FC: They don't even have a name. How can they have an identity. Awful logo. No matter why BMO made eveything to sponsor another team.

Quick, someone tell Liverpool they don't have an identity!

Between the 0:20 to 0:30 mark, does anyone else notice that a few of the MLS Club logos are out of place?

You can see the full map better at the end of the video. Someone needs a geography lesson because apparently San Jose is on the north side of the Bay, Chivas plays north of Santa Barbara, Real is in Idaho, Seattle in Oregon, Columbus in Indiana/Kentucky, KC is in Nebraska.

Yeah.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Between the 0:20 to 0:30 mark, does anyone else notice that a few of the MLS Club logos are out of place?

I did a quick review and didn't notice. Instead of coming from the bottom, the scan of the map is west to east....

You can see the misplacements better if you pause at the 2:16 mark.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

This in the release article kinda surprised me...

Also of note, the new jersey, which will bear the new club logo as well as the Bank of Montreal (BMO) logo, the presenting partner of the Impact in MLS, will be unveiled next November.

Toronto getting a jersey sponsor next year??

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

This in the release article kinda surprised me...

Also of note, the new jersey, which will bear the new club logo as well as the Bank of Montreal (BMO) logo, the presenting partner of the Impact in MLS, will be unveiled next November.

Toronto getting a jersey sponsor next year??

No BMO re-upped last season to keep their mark on TFC kits until 2016 at something like 4 million a year.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived