Montreal Impact changing their logo for MLS

Evil Doctor

So I assume I'm in the minority that likes this logo?

Nope. I like it. Certainly an upgrade from their second division crest.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So most if its currently distinguishing features. Check.

I'm currently watching an interview with Joey Saputo on a local news channel in which he wears an Adidas tracking top with the new logo. The one we saw looks like the print version only as the one he's wearing doesn't have the motto while the colours seem to be simplified. Gotta say it looks awesome when embroidered...

So most if its currently distinguishing features. Check.

I'm currently watching an interview with Joey Saputo on a local news channel in which he wears an Adidas tracking top with the new logo. The one we saw looks like the print version only as the one he's wearing doesn't have the motto while the colours seem to be simplified. Gotta say it looks awesome when embroidered...

here's the scarf. also without motto or gradient

zzPEfBm.png

Kansas City, Nebraska?

Columbus, Kentucky?

Chicago, Indiana?

Salt Lake City, Idaho?

Seattle, Oregon?

Someone needs to ship some Rand McNally to Montreal quickly.

So, I guess the U.S. isn't the only nation whose kids don't know

anything about geography.

Those stars are going to disappear on any applications smaller than t-shirt. Although it's really great to see a logo for a Canadian team WIITHOUT THE MAPLE LEAF!!!! Thank you for that Impact.

vk6eh75qeug9nejz5g4k1evlo.gif

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Toronto had no soccer tradition to speak of prior to Toronto FC.

Toronto had franchises in the NASL many years ago.

The NASL was a joke, and Toronto's tenure in the NASL is hardly something that deserves to be honoured.

If there is any soccer history in Toronto to justify naming a MLS team after, it's the Toronto Linx, and let me stress the "if".

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

The NASL was a joke, and Toronto's tenure in the NASL is hardly something that deserves to be honoured.

If there is any soccer history in Toronto to justify naming a MLS team after, it's the Toronto Linx, and let me stress the "if".

As long as the fans embrace the FC thats all that matters. Who really gives a damn if "bleuet" hates it.....

In looking at the logos attributed to Toronto as listed in the NASL § of the site:

Toronto City: 1967

Toronto Falcons: 1967 - 1968

Toronto Metros: 1971 - 1974

Toronto Metros - Croatia : 1975 - 1978

Toronto Blizzard: 1979 - 1984

Toronto Lynx: 1997 - 2004 (A-league)

Based on the revolving door of names, it appears that FC is perfect.

Montreal:

At least Montreal went the somewhat traditional route. Portland turned a logo that was pure class into a cartoon (although I do like the revised secondary)....

As long as the fans embrace the FC thats all that matters. Who really gives a damn if "bleuet" hates it.....

In looking at the logos attributed to Toronto as listed in the NASL § of the site:

Basically. That and they were teams that had amalgamated then dissolved, had different ownership, had stadium issues, had attendance issues and, frankly the whole scene was just a big mess.

Yes I know that the 1976 version of the team won the soccer bowl (before anyone makes that argument) but that was when the league was about ready to shut it's doors.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Toronto Lynx: 1997 - 2004 (A-league)

Montreal:

At least Montreal went the somewhat traditional route. Portland turned a logo that was pure class into a cartoon (although I do like the revised secondary)....

I don't hate it. It looks to me inappropriate. Now, I don't live in Toronto, if people like it in Toronto, fine.

Basically. That and they were teams that had amalgamated then dissolved, had different ownership, had stadium issues, had attendance issues and, frankly the whole scene was just a big mess.

Yes I know that the 1976 version of the team won the soccer bowl (before anyone makes that argument) but that was when the league was about ready to shut it's doors.

Yeah, about ready to shut its doors...eight years later. That season was as close to the founding of the NASL in 1968 than the end in 1984. BTW, Toronto also played in the league final in the last two seasons of the NASL.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

Apart from the black/blue stripes, the logo shape and the 4 stars (the four founding communities) I don't like Montreals MLS logo at all.

I dislike two tone (logo frame, FdL).

The FdL is also cut off/covered (FdL smaller, but completely visible and one tone would have been better IMO).

Don't like the smallish "impact" compared to the Montreal workdmark (leaving aside the name discussion and preferences) and it bothers me that it's not centered above Montreal, but rather slipped down to the bottom left.

I don't get it why they went with a french motto (not what it says/means), when they intentionally kept the bilingual team name and go to lengths to appease the founding communities with the 4 stars. If they were so intent on it, why not go with "un pour tous - all for one" or something like that for example.

Hope their fans like it though, even if I don't!

The video of the logo unveiling actually features an "Inter" type jersey btw.

Archived