Winnipeg Jets

Davidson

meh... could be better.

lol, this is why this is the last thing i post.

Ah, the ol' "shut down" business model. Demand is about to go through the roof.

In all seriousness, I think this is a very well rendered logo, and for those that say it should differ more from the Maple Leafs motif of, well, a maple leaf, I couldn't disagree more. This is a huge departure from the simplicity involved with the Leafs design; also, the leaf's a great representation of the country and could stand to be used more. Both the Jets and Leafs could use a depiction of the maple leaf, and this concept is better than any Jets concept that tries to go retro by bringing back or updating the old logo. The Jets name should stay, but the new team could use a modernization to separate them from the Jets that left in 96. Great work here though.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As always, this is a great rendering, but i think you should consider dgnmrwrw's critique.

You've played the Canadian maple leaf idea a little too hard here, where the main focus here are the Jets. While the shape leaf is immediately distiguishable, the jets are not, and that could come off as an issue. What you could do is eliminate two of the jets and play up on the single jet, or you could simplify the shading, which probably would be your best bet, anyways.

Anywho, great concept as always.

Maybe the maple leaf could be rendered a bit smaller and the jets can stand out more somehow? I admit I really need to take more interest in graphic design but I am really liking the logo ideas.. but wouldnt ya confuse that logo with the Toronto Maple Leafs logo somehow?? might be best to drop the leaf somehow and make the jets the top logo for sure.... just my opinion on this...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Hey Fraser,

What if you went a little more simplified... or eliminate cutlines in the maple leaf altogether. I think that may be what's making these jets a little tough to make out.

I've removed them just for a visual... looks pretty good without the streaks, imo.

Kristopher "Baze" Bazen

www.krisbazen.com

This one does exactly what it says on the tin.

winnipeg1.png?1307447741

winnipeg2.png?1307448517

Jets%20White%20(0.00.00.00).png

Jets%20Blue%20(0.00.00.00).png

WINNIPEG%20JETS%20WHITE%20(0.00.00.00).png

WINNIPEG%20JETS%20BLUE%20(0.00.00.00).png

I was hoping that they would not name the team the Jets, however, after seen this logo, I say go for it. This is an excellent logo!

spacer.png

meh... could be better.

Awesome, now we lost the last great designer we had on here...

Well, if that's not a slap in everyone else's face...

Anyway, I really like this logo. I think sometimes we get wrapped up and look too hard at logos. Because the logo is so dense and complex, anything you alter will affect something else in the logo. There will be a trade off with every change you make. I think many people in the target demographic for this team have at least basic aviation knowledge, or at least enough to be able to recognize the jets. With that said, I think legally you would have a tough time getting a maple leaf passed as the crest (because of Toronto). A maple leaf would be more likely as a shoulder patch design, but unfortunately, this one might be a bit complicated for a 4-5 inch embroidery. Great graphic, but maybe a little pie in the sky.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

If you want to post your own concepts, you gotta do it in a new thread. You wont be able to do that until you make a few more comments. I recommend editing your post to remove the images before the community blasts you. I get that it's your first post, but be warned :D

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I saw it right away, and found it brilliant to combine the Jets with the maple leaf. I really like how you can see the maple leaf right away, then look closer and see the Jets. It really is a sign of a quality logo, and I wish more teams would hire people such as yourself with the skill to be creatively brillant, and not repetatively bland as we are now used to.

As with your other designs, I am amazed at the work and really impressed by your talent.

Thank you for sharing.

2ly2w09.jpg

If your still around and havent left the room for good yet, here are my 2 cents.

I think the jets would be much more recognizable if the two outer jets didnt overlap with the center jet. if you made the outer jets smaller or at least detatched from the center jet, I think you have a winner and the jets would be easily recognized. Although that might cause a problem with the streaks behind the outer jets, but I dont think the streaks are necessary. that being said, it's a clever idea having the points of 3 jets within 3 points on the maple leaf.

Mr. Davidson has combined the leaf from his national identities with the plane silhouette he used for the Northern Jets football team to create a somewhat controversial piece.

What I like: 1) The robust patriotism of making the maple leaf central to the design. 2) The jet forms reduced to hard, sharp geometric surfaces.

What I don't like: 1)Each jet has one wing hi-lighted (and one not). All of the hi-lights are pointing left, making the composition unbalanced. 2)The jets overlap in an awkward way.

Exaggerate the swept-back wings of the middle jet to form a ^ shape.

Simplify all 3 jets, and throw em on a big, red "W", instead of a maple leaf.

And Davidson...

from what I can tell, most of the respondents are being constructively critical, while, at the same time

showing you the respect you deserve, not only because of your talent but also for all you've done for us

with your tutorials and so on.

Hope you don't leave; but if you do...good luck.

Not every logo for an organization in Canada needs to have a maple leaf. It is trite and uninspired. I would like to see the beaver take over as an overused symbol in Canadian logos. How about creating a logo of a beaver piloting a jet?

Everyone loves a roundel.

meh... could be better.

I don't think he meant anything by it. Davidson is a wonderful artist but far from the last great one here. But him leaving really makes me wonder how long the concepts forum issue will be ignored. I do not want to see other great artists leave as well.

meh... could be better.

I don't think he meant anything by it. Davidson is a wonderful artist but far from the last great one here. But him leaving really makes me wonder how long the concepts forum issue will be ignored. I do not want to see other great artists leave as well.

I didn?t mean any disrespect toward any other designers. That?s how the written word is. It can be interpreted in different ways because we cannot hear the corresponding tone inflection.

The reason I said that about Fraser being a great designer is look at what a great overall member of this community he has been. He?s shared some tremendously fresh concepts with us. He?s made some world-class templates available to all of us. His tutorials were some of the most helpful things I?ve ever seen offered on CCSLC. He?s given very useful C&C. How many people on this site can say they have done all of those things? He?s contributed so much and he gets ?Meh? could be better?. Are you kidding me?

There have been many great designers come and go here. Nitroseed was a little before my time and I hear his stuff was awesome but he doesn?t post concepts anymore because people were stealing his logos. I?ve always enjoyed elliott?s, GFB?s, and andrewharrington?s work. I always used to look forward to concepts by AAO and (dp). Some of the newer guys I look up to are CJworks, jaha32, and chickenfish13. The reality is these guys don?t seem to post as much as they used to. It could be for any number of reasons: school, work, family, or just life in general.

I am by no means a great designer. I work on concepts and put in a lot of time on them. When I?m finished, most of the time, I don?t even post my concepts on this forum because of how far this place has gone downhill. The childish comments, statements by people who have no design sense, and general foolishness have all but destroyed this place. You used to be able to take feedback and become a better designer because of it. Maybe that?s the reason the greats don?t post here anymore either.

It breaks my heart because I?ve checked this site everyday for four years (multiple times a day). One day, I too will leave but I keep checking back hoping for a return to the glory days.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

• 2 weeks later...

This one does exactly what it says on the tin.

winnipeg1.png?1307447741

winnipeg2.png?1307448517

Jets%20White%20(0.00.00.00).png

Jets%20Blue%20(0.00.00.00).png

WINNIPEG%20JETS%20WHITE%20(0.00.00.00).png

WINNIPEG%20JETS%20BLUE%20(0.00.00.00).png

I was hoping that they would not name the team the Jets, however, after seen this logo, I say go for it. This is an excellent logo!

Outstanding concept.

I read somewhere online that you submitted this concept directly to Winnipeg's new ownership for consideration.

I can only hope they go with design and compensate you for this piece of brilliant artwork accordingly.

Cheers!

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Is there a yawn function on here? The type is boring. The jets are ok, but lacking in something dynamic. Leaf tips as Jet tips? I think you can do the pattern without the actual leaf behind it and people would get it.

Reminds me of that Pensacola team.

Is there a yawn function on here? The type is boring. The jets are ok, but lacking in something dynamic. Leaf tips as Jet tips? I think you can do the pattern without the actual leaf behind it and people would get it.

Reminds me of that Pensacola team.

gyjyg2hfdoch9pioohn2.gif

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived