NBC Keeps the Olympics

RyanMcD29

I thought this was a money loser for NBC or was that them trying to get the price down? I was really hoping for another network to inject some new blood into the proceedings. Just imagine Fox with glowing javalins, electric guitar versions of the anthem and the football robot dressed up for each sport.

I thought this was a money loser for NBC or was that them trying to get the price down? I was really hoping for another network to inject some new blood into the proceedings. Just imagine Fox with glowing javalins, electric guitar versions of the anthem and the football robot dressed up for each sport.

With this as the theme song replacing Bugler's Dream. Because it also makes sense to use it for baseball and NASCAR and soccer

:P

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

The Summer Olympics bore me, because they are geared towards forced drama. I want to see some of the interesting sports, like baseball (if it's still there), soccer and archery. Instead, you only get to see swimming, track & field, basketball and gymnastics. And even though you can get the results online, NBC just milks everything for all they can and delays it until 10:45pm, and forces its affiliates to stay mum on the outcome during their local news.

I like the Winter Olympic sports better. And with MSNBC, CNBC, and now Versus, I was able to view much of the hockey tournament live, and most of the curling as well.

Since there are much more Summer than Winter Olympic sports, even the fringe events get pushed off network tv for the typical ones.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Hello and welcome to Fox coverage of the 2016 Rio Olympics I am Joe Buck and next to me is Tim McCarver shaking his maracas.

Tim: I love it Joe you know in Rio its actually winter because its in the southern hemisphere, but its still hot because we are close to the equator which is in the middle of the earh.

Joe: We are joined by Terry Bradshaw:

Terry: Signing I go to Rio and do a samba, ha ha ha eat your heart out Peter Allen.

Tim: Peter Allen can't eat he is dead.

Joe: Thanks for that fact Tim

Tim: But Hugh Jackman is still alive and he did a wonderful job on broadway as Peter Allen

Terry: But he was he even better as Wolverine, aggggggggggggghhh

Joe: We are here for Day 10 of the Olympics on Fox brought to you by Coke things go better with Coke in fact I am drink a coke right now

Terry: I have a new version of Coke they are selling in on streets here its in its powder form like Kool Aid and all you need to do is add some water and brown food coloring and you have a nice Coca Cola, just like my old teammate Mean Joe got from that kid what ever happened to that kid

Tim: I once got a Pepsi from my station director he told me to drink it and it was actually a bond to glue my mouth shut, which is intresting because gluie and pepsi taste different.

Terry: I had the same expeiernce but I did not fall for it until they had that bouncing ball of string for me and my cat.

Joe: While Terry and Tim discuss some in game activities, we will give you a preview of what we have coming up on Fox Olympics brought to you by the action packed summer blockbuster Wizard of Oz directed by Tim Burton and starring Johnny Depp and Lady Gaga as Dorothy.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The new head of NBC Sports said everything will be aired live on one platform or another. My guess especially for the Summer games the big things will air on live on Versus and other cable networks while the small things are live online. Then they will do the canned primetime show for basically the non-sports fans who want the forced drama.

With Ebersole gone and Comcast in change I don't think they are tied to holding everything for NBC itself. I think Comcast wants to use the game to push their other platforms, especially Versus. Best way to do that is to stick live events on them. Plus that is probably the only way they can make money on this deal.

The new head of NBC Sports said everything will be aired live on one platform or another. My guess especially for the Summer games the big things will air on live on Versus and other cable networks while the small things are live online. Then they will do the canned primetime show for basically the non-sports fans who want the forced drama.

With Ebersole gone and Comcast in change I don't think they are tied to holding everything for NBC itself. I think Comcast wants to use the game to push their other platforms, especially Versus. Best way to do that is to stick live events on them. Plus that is probably the only way they can make money on this deal.

Plus Comcast has other platforms like E! and Comcast Sportsnet

NBC also as US, USA, SyFy and several other channels like CNBC and MSKGB

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived