GHOSTS LOGO

MDC

Yeah, so...... I was thinking of starting a "minor league" basketball series. Like a D-league sort of thing, but with all new teams. I made a league logo, which I could post as well. I'll expand on the idea if you guys are interested. This was the first logo I made, for a team called the Columbus Ghosts. What do you think?

ghosts1.png

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

You know what I actually really like this! for the sake of being different, my vote is for leaving the face like it is, reminds me of a throwback logo from the 60's. I'd vote on integrating some light blue/grey, and adding some accents to the ball to create motion.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

You know what I actually really like this! for the sake of being different, my vote is for leaving the face like it is, reminds me of a throwback logo from the 60's.

I agree. I don't believe that every athletic logo needs to depict an angry subject.

gYH2mW9.png

I agree with the "leave the face alone" sentiment. Only change I would make would be to either make it white, or seriously lighten the purple.

Purple and white would be a FANTASTIC colour scheme.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

While I don't think the Ghost needs to be angry, I'd try to avoid having it look like its going for a leisurely stroll through the park.

agreed. if i was going to do anything to it, i'd work the bottom and give it the feel of more speed. the idea it needs to be angry just because it's a sports logo is silly IMO.

sig2024.png

if i was going to do anything to it, i'd work the bottom and give it the feel of more speed.

I'm not sure it even needs that. The flow of the bottom of the ghost implies the forward motion of the ghost. I like that it doesn't have any motion lines. It makes for a much cleaner logo.

gYH2mW9.png

Alrighty, well, that is some seriously indecisive advice. So......I'm really at a loss here. I could play around with the mouth, but I was definitely not trying to make it look aggressive and intimidating, and I don't really know why a lot of people assume it should be. I played with some 'motion lines' and they really cluttered things up. I liked how it looked with only these lines. So I guess I might make some uniforms and then maybe post the next team. And the league logo if you want

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived