American Eatery Hockey Concepts

drdougfresh

So, I got bored with my current big project, and decided to throw something new into the mix. I saw the gas station concepts, and I thought "hmmm, what else could I use?" Didn't want to barge in and make concepts and feel like an a$$, so here's what I came up with.

Culver's isn't entirely "old" per se, but they have the perfect logo for a fauxback-type uni. I wanted to use older companies, because they have colors that work well with these uniforms as well. Numbers on the back are the years that the companies were founded. Enjoy!

216efa96f2b2f9a7d58c94412894bfef.png

dccac0ba0c5b286c72ce3c2c8ac20836.png

6f72179c4fe15668303f15a4a2ff1150.png

e8f6637a5a4fb6053a2beecd1751a1b1.png

e28549ec01b854c1eaf15b982f0c530c.png

f0ad384ad9685dd910b5ed0554a832fa.png

Not sure if I'm going to go back in and make corrections, as this was a just for fun kind of thing, but feel free to leave C&C!

KFC would be good also.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I wanted to use some more 'niche' places, places that don't try to cater to everyone, if that makes sense. Carl's Jr. is on the verge of that, but the others barely advertise heavily-- and I think that added to the concept. If I were to do more, I would definitely include Taco Bell, McDonalds, and KFC. They all started in the 40's, if I'm not mistaken.

A&W is a big advertiser.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Not nationwide though. And specific to my region, they barely do. Like I said, it was a simple 'fun' project. If I really wanted to quantify exposure to make sure that they were truly low-budget advertisers to their target markets, I would have. Just for fun, guys. It's about the jerseys, not the companies.

If your talking about Culvers they are midwest area, Wisconsin, Illinois and Minnesota mostly. Its a good company. But the concept, its pretty sleek. Looks like something the Maple Leafs would wear.

I was talking to Nash and CJ. I love Culver's, they actually just opened some in AZ (too many transplants not to have one. Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I wanted to keep the focus on their logo, I think it's incredibly simple, but also clean and fresh-looking.

What's Culver's or Krispy Kreme??????? Living up in New England, we don't see any of these besides once in a while, an A&W

Mmmmmmm.. Krispy Kreme doughnuts... but you gotta go when the light is flashing. And, coincidentally, the Krispy Kreme concept is the best of the lot. Nice work...

For the white castle one, you should put a castle pattern around the bottom. Like, the top part of a castle wall, the from their logo. Use it as a stripe pattern. white_castle_logo_0.png

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

White castle changed their identity in 2003, and I didn't want to used the modern mark, so I went with the old one. Same with A&W and Carl's. They changed recently as well. As far as I could find, In N Out didn't have the arrow until recently either, at least not when they opened. Since I wanted to stay true to the origins of the companies, I went with older iterations of their logos. Hence the 'fauxback' look.

Thanks for all the C&C guys!

Archived