Ohio State Football Rebrand

OhioSportsMan61

Not bad. I did notice the side panels are a darker color than the rest of the uniform though. I guess after a while during games they would look like that. I like the grey jersey even though it would never make it onto the field in real life

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

This is not a rebrand, that word is misused far too much.

With a school with tradition like Ohio State, I don't think you can use the Nike cut off pants design, its far too modern and doesn't end up even looking good with the other traditional elements at play here. Also, the collar design is far too modern. You can't just put the word "tradition" on the collars and then modernize, that's pretty contradictory. Also, I'm not feelin the number outline, these would look better without it IMO. Consider lightening the gray. There are some things I like about this concept though, namely the arm striping, it ends up looking really nice and the colors pop with the black outline. Still, I think the mis-matched stripes between the silver pants and the silver jersey create some inconsistency, choose the one on the silver jersey to separate from the current design.

You can't just put the word "tradition" on the collars and then modernize, that's pretty contradictory.

I disagree in that the "tradition" of Ohio State and other elite football programs is winning. There honestly is no traditional jersey for Ohio State because they generally haven't had one jersey for any period longer than maybe ten years at most. There's always been some touch ups or tweaks. That sid it looks good and the only thing I don't like is the block O over the athletics logo.

I think the one really good thing about the Buckeyes current set is that (on the home jersey at least) the shoulder stripe design actually matches the pants stripe design. Your new shoulder design essentially throws that out the window. I think the best direction to go toward is always uniting the design elements. In this case, try making the stripes "match." Maybe it doesn't have to be the exact stripe (like their current home uniform) but at least make sure the line weight and arrangement is the same.

I also think the collar can go. It doesn't even remotely match the other striping style, so it's just being used to break up color right now. I'd either unify that design as well, or just go with a plain collar.

I do like the use of the of the "O,' but you probably only need one, whether it's on the jersey collar or the pants. I'd go with the collar "O," because it looks better there but also allows the pant stripe to rid all the way up to the top of the pants.

Rebrand? Nope. I don't like the mismatching stripes, but the idea of gray alternate could be intriguing.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

While I wouldn't trade a national championship ring for them, I don't mind them at all. :D I don't really like the "tradition" on the inner collar, I think real tradition should just be implied and not thrown in your face

sig.png

You can't just put the word "tradition" on the collars and then modernize, that's pretty contradictory.

That sid it looks good and the only thing I don't like is the block O over the athletics logo.

Most people down here, including me, like the Block O logo as opposed to the Athletics logo.

[sarcasm]

Maybe you could work in a long-sleeved undershirt filled with printed tattoos to make the look more realistic?

tattoosleeve.jpg

[/sarcasm]

I was just about to make a joke like that. But really, this isn't that bad for the team to the south. Oh yeah, Go Blue!!! :P

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Archived