A few more NHL concepts..

elliott

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The modern style you use is awesome. The initial number font sucked but now this identity is cool. The hockey stick, as stated, is not good, but I'd keep the sun in the logo. Looking forward to more teams.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Lightning_2011-p-t-2.gif

Lightning_2011-alt-3.gif

Here's a couple more updates, I know my primary tweak didn't really fix the sun + bolt contradiction, I couldn't quite find anything that looked better, but I worked on making a better looking sun in the meantime, and I dropped the stick. i added a tertiary logo that you see next to the primary, continuing the outline of the bolt instead of it having come out of the circle; I dropped the cirlcle in the meantime and added the wordmark. Also added the state of Florida, I originally thought that wasn't going to make the identity but I like the way it looks in the current Bolts package. Small tweaks to the alternate, changed the innermost white stripe into a bolt, and theres a white outline on the numbers.

Edit: Panthers coming very soon, tonight or tmrw.

Not really a fan of the secondary. The Tampa Bay wordmark is unnecessary and just adds to the clutter, and all of the jagged, sharp edges really class with the way you illustrated the State of Florida. I think the primary is perfect though. Any reason the hockey sticks are still on the shoulder patches for the alt?

I like the idea of the lightning bolt and stick crossed. I'd like to see if more symmetrical though. The top of the bolt is hidden inside the circle and the stick extends up, and the bottoms don't necessarily line up either. I know they don't have to but, I think it'd look a little better.

Also, again I like your idea, but I get so lost in the logo - theres so much going on and it's just so simple with the colors that it almost takes away from how good the idea really is.

Any way you would want to maybe try making a different approach to the alternate logo? The "TB" seems like an easy way out. Maybe a Stick shaped lightning bolt? I know it may seem kinda stupid or look 'broken' but it'd be a cool idea i think.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

The primary looks better, i like that you kinda strayed the circle away from representing a sun a little bit. The wordmark on the other hand, just doesn't fit with the rest of the package, to me. The rest of the secondary looks nice, though.

Also, the diagonal cross-bar of the 6 is too thick, it'd look better if it was the same thickness as the rest of the horizontal strokes, in my opinion.

Oh, and that alternate uniform is just...yes! Nice job.

This concept is very 90's and seeing how the Lighting are a 90's team, it works. I absolutely hate the idea of the Lightning being rebranded to look like an original 6 team with the derivative striping and colours of their new jerseys. This strikes a nice balance showing how important silver was to their identity package. I love what you did the shoulder yokes. Looks really fresh and compliments the logo perfectly. Not sold on the hem stripes though they seem to work much better on the road jersey. Only other criticism I can give is the hockey stick on the logo is unnecessary. Its an overused logo crutch and takes away from the simplicity of the crest. Those minor complaints aside this is a great rebrand. I can't wait to see Dallas.

LOL, looks like you're still the same old bitter jackass.

Haha, let's ignore the troll lights out, david alexander has proven himself to be very, very useless.

In the meantime, here's the Panthers.

For the primary, I took an update of their logo that I did over a year and a half ago, and refined it a little more. I added a tiny bit of green to the pupils, only because I wanted to use green for the palm tree detail in the tertiary. Other elements are tweaked as well, mostly the claws but also the chest and tail. If you compare mine to the crest that they use now, mine is sort of a sleeker more modern look while the current panthers logo is wayy more jagged, and 90s. Just thought it would bring them into this decade a little more. Secondary is simply the panther head. I wanted to, and still want to, create an update to the alternate crest / circular logo that they have now, it didn't come out quite right and I was trying to use sun-like elements, but I used that in the Lightning set instead so that logo is on hold for now. We also have the tertiary, which is an "F" combined with a palm tree. Not sure about this logo, needs some work. Jerseys are inspired by the pre-edge uniforms, I really love those. I made the arms slightly curved instead of triangular, the striping is not the same as it used to be in terms of the colors / width of each stripe but it still gives the same feel. I originally had some empty outline shoulders, think carolina, but I scrapped that idea, the template is the same though so you can still see where the shoulders would have been. Number font is custom (wordmark is a matching custom font), and yellow numbers are a new thing here for the panthers. New striping on the pants that match the alternate striping, also numbers on the pants. The alternate drops the double outline in favor of simple yellow numbers with red outline, it also drops most of the white to give a design that is based on their current homes, but much simpler and more traditional. That's about all I can think of. Stars are next, thanks for your feedback so far, I appreciate it.

Primary | Secondary | Tertiary | Wordmark

Panthers-2011-home.gif

Panthers-2011-road.gif

Panthers-2011-alt.gif

The pupils alone isn't enough green to justify the shoulder patch. Other than that, I would go for a more jagged number font.

Nice work

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Panther looks good, even though not much was done to it. The tertiary logo is far too different in color scheme or style to accomodate the rest of the set. That said, I'd go back on that one, or even dump it. Also, I actually like the numbers, as well as the wordmark.

For that third uniform, though, I would go as far as to make the panther head the crest for that jersey. It's simple and effective, so it works. I'd try and add a blue outline between the red and yellow in the numbers to unify it with the rest of the se, though.

Nice work again, I like it.

I really like to original design on the edge template...tha patch looks great, im not in love with the font but it doesnt look bad at all, like someone else said a little more jagges and i think itd look sick...maybe even small claw scratch marks in the numbers (unless tht looks too minor league).

I think the green as pupils is kind of pointless, I honestly wouldn't have noticed it had you not pointed it out. I actually like the palm tree "F" but the tree doesn't need to be green, and I think you could do it in there yellow. I really like the jerseys, and the sleekness of the panther looks really good.

Overall nicely done, I'm excited to see what you've done to the stars.

I think it looks fantastic, but once again, the number font is a bit problematic. The "29" reads more like a lowercase "zg" to me. I love custom fonts but they have to be legible.

Overall, though, this is another strong concept. The logos have been modernized excellently, and the overall design is exactly what they should be wearing. Well done.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived