2012 BCS Title Game Logo Revealed

GeauxColonels

Why is the Sugar Bowl Trophy in there? The winners of this game will not receive that trophy, nor will the winner of the Sugar Bowl play in this game. A completely out-of-place element...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Yeah the Sugar Bowl trophy has no business being there. Overall it's solid but nothing special, last year in Glendale was great and same with Pasadena the year before.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Replace the Sugar Bowl trophy with that big crystal football and it's a winner. But using the THAT trophy for THIS game is a pretty big oversight IMO.

Good idea. I was thinking of putting a fleur de lis there like it had in the prior title game logo for New Orleans...but then I think they would be a little too similar.

I also find it interesting that the prior 3 game logos had a football or football stitching in them and this one does not.

gYH2mW9.png

My guess is since the same committee that runs these games run the bowl that is played the week before they are using the logo to link the two games together. There is the Fiesta Bowl logo present on last years logo as well

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Upgrade from the 2008 game logo. Agreed the the Sugar Bowl trophy needs to be replaced. The crystal ball trophy (AFCA National Championship Trophy) or a fleur-de-lis would be a great replacement.

If they really wanna stay ahead of the game, they can place an asterisk within the logo to cover them when a participating school in investigated by the NCAA for violations.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Better than last years. Last years was too big and congested. The Super Bowl trophy should not be there though :therock:

Yes, it defintely should not! LOL! Just messing with you, I knew what you meant

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Yeah this is a separate bowl game. They keep theming its logo on the bowl that is also held at the site, and it doesn't make any sense. Perhaps standardize the logo like the NFL?

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Yeah this is a separate bowl game. They keep theming its logo on the bowl that is also held at the site, and it doesn't make any sense. Perhaps standardize the logo like the NFL?

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Don't do that. But at the same time avoid using the Sugar bowl trophy. Yes, it's in the same stadium and run by the same people but do you really think they need to be on there? It'd be like putting the Colts logo on this year's Super Bowl logo that is worn by either team on the field.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

wow, this is almost as bad as the 2008 national championship logo; not creative at all.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Replace the Sugar Bowl trophy with that big crystal football and it's a winner. But using the THAT trophy for THIS game is a pretty big oversight IMO.

Agree convincingly!

If this wasn't noticed upon unveiling, the NCAA and BCS are even more stupid than we thought. They need to tweak that fast!

They could have even gotten away with using a small replica image of the Superdome, but the Sugar Bowl Trophy? chuckle.gif

There was never even was a stadium known as the 'Sugar Bowl' ... it was a just a game played at Tulane Stadium.

Why issit the logos for the Pasadena BCS games with Roses always seem to turn out the best ?

BCS-trophy.jpg

Archived