"Classic" vs "Dated" NFL uniforms

Slater

The dark red 9er uniform? Really?

Thats what I was thinking as well. I have always hated those unis and always will.

Wait, I just spotted an even worse "really??"... the all-black Jags uniform? If possible, that might be even uglier then their current nightmare.

maybe he meant that era of their unis....hopefully

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats what I was thinking as well. I have always hated those unis and always will.

Wait, I just spotted an even worse "really??"... the all-black Jags uniform? If possible, that might be even uglier then their current nightmare.

I loved that look from the Jags. The Jags and Saints were the only 2 teams to pull off the all-black look (sorry, Ravens and Falcons fans). As for the 49ers, as much as I love the retro-Montana era uni's, I honestly preferred the Owens era with the "SF" logo on the sleeves.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

I'd move the Seahawks, Patriots and Titans down a category into the vulgar section. The Chargers and 49ers get bumped up to decent modern.

Chargers....really? That uniform is a cluster f^^k. To me, they are a perfect example of what happens when a team tries too hard to make a good uniform.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I'd move the Seahawks, Patriots and Titans down a category into the vulgar section. The Chargers and 49ers get bumped up to decent modern.

Chargers....really? That uniform is a cluster f^^k. To me, they are a perfect example of what happens when a team tries too hard to make a good uniform.

Well said. Chargers current is the old "let's try and please everyone" non-solution.

I loved that look from the Jags. The Jags and Saints were the only 2 teams to pull off the all-black look (sorry, Ravens and Falcons fans). As for the 49ers, as much as I love the retro-Montana era uni's, I honestly preferred the Owens era with the "SF" logo on the sleeves.

The black helmet, jersey, STRIPELESS black pants, tall black socks... that could be my least favorite look of all time. I hate it when the Ravens, and every cheap high school trying to look "tuff", does it too. I can't understand why these teams that wear plain black from waist to toe can't see that it makes the players look like assless 12 year old ballet dancers.

I'd say I agree with about 2/3rds of your list, but where we differ, its pretty big.

The "untouchables"(with a few allowable tweaks)

untouchables.jpg

The "decent modern"

modern.jpg

The "what the &^*$ were they thinking"

whatweretheythinking.jpg

The "would be so much better if they..."

somuchbetterif.jpg

You forgot the Saints in the "decent modern" category.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I really don't understand the hate I see from some people for this uniform. I've seen people list reasons why they hate it, and I try to see it from their perspective, but I just can't. I think this is one of the best jerseys in the league,and significantly better than any of the previous sets they've had.

I really don't understand the hate I see from some people for this (Chargers) uniform. I've seen people list reasons why they hate it, and I try to see it from their perspective, but I just can't. I think this is one of the best jerseys in the league,and significantly better than any of the previous sets they've had.

103226219_b6c586a161.jpg

Who gave you permission to leave the corner? haha :P

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I really don't understand the hate I see from some people for this (Chargers) uniform. I've seen people list reasons why they hate it, and I try to see it from their perspective, but I just can't. I think this is one of the best jerseys in the league,and significantly better than any of the previous sets they've had.

103226219_b6c586a161.jpg

Who gave you permission to leave the corner? haha :P

The hell? Really man, who gave you permission to post this lameness? <_<:rolleyes:

You forgot the Saints in the "decent modern" category.

For me, the Saints fall into the grey area where they aren't great or bad. What bothers me is that their logo appears on their uniform 6 times.....SIX FREAKIN' TIMES!!! Is that really needed?

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

I really don't understand the hate I see from some people for this uniform. I've seen people list reasons why they hate it, and I try to see it from their perspective, but I just can't. I think this is one of the best jerseys in the league,and significantly better than any of the previous sets they've had.

I personally love the chargers uniforms. Sure there is a few issues here or there but overall i think they are a great set.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

4382048.jpg4299323.jpg

Left, classic. Right, should look more like left. :D

BTW, the Cowboys never saw the light of day last year. In looking for an outdoor shot to compare to Craig Morton, I discovered that every game they played outside last year was at night.

:blink:

The game at the Meadowlands started at 4:15 EST.

I didn't check game start times, so perhaps it would've been more accurate to say that the pics I could find looked like night games. These are from the Meadowlands. Must have been pretty cloudy. ^_^

4915074.jpg

4915100.jpg

If the game was in November/December, It's getting dark around 4:00 anyways

That was the game where a couple banks of lights weren't working. It looked weirder on TV than it did in those pictures.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived