Brewers "Cerveceros" Jersey

kbaker19

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's both teams jerseys. Ceveceros and Cardinales.

mjs-brewers12_-spt_-sieu_-2-brewers12(2).jpg

mjs-brewers12_-spt_-sieu_-8-brewers12.jpg

mjs-brewers12_-spt_-sieu-brewers12.jpg

mjs-brewers12_-spt_-sieu_-13-brewers12.jpg

mjs-brewers12_-spt_-sieu_-6-brewers12(2).jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Love the way the Brewers go all-out for this (as opposed to Los Mets, Los Marlins, Los Rangers, and the entire NBA except for the Knicks), and it's great to see the Cards join in on it. The gold jersey actually looks pretty nifty, too - this seems to be the year gold/yellow makes a comeback in MLB.

Oh, and if the Brewers want to do a German heritage night, just bring back the 1997-99 uniforms, offer sausage discounts, and presto. :D

Miller Park Fun Fact: Hot soft pretzels are immersed in a chafing dish of clarified butter. God, I love that park.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like how the Brewers look in gold jerseys, they'd be a nice home alt. Just get some thin white stripes to go with the blue one on the sleeve and they'd be perfect. A gold bill on the hat might look nice with that jersey too.

And making the jerseys gold for the heritage night is a good way to see how a potential alternate looks in action. I wouldn't be surprised to see somebody else go this route in the next year or two.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Love the way the Brewers go all-out for this (as opposed to Los Mets, Los Marlins, Los Rangers, and the entire NBA except for the Knicks), and it's great to see the Cards join in on it. The gold jersey actually looks pretty nifty, too - this seems to be the year gold/yellow makes a comeback in MLB.

Oh, and if the Brewers want to do a German heritage night, just bring back the 1997-99 uniforms, offer sausage discounts, and presto. :D

Miller Park Fun Fact: Hot soft pretzels are immersed in a chafing dish of clarified butter. God, I love that park.

... now, they need a comeback to the NHL... :P

nashville-predators-3rd-jerseys_medium.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

The jersey works perfectly with their pants. A gold brim would make it even better. It didn't look nearly as BPish as I had feared, but it certainly did have a little bit of that feel. I think that adding the gold brim to the cap would integrate it better and make it look like a legit jersey and not a BP that they just decided last minute to wear.

Crazy idea #1 - since alts are here to stay, and since everything is basically standardized nowadays (as far as BP caps / jerseys go), should they standardize the BPs further to make them more plain (maybe only have chest logos instead of full scripts) so that the alts can't possibly be confused for them? Maybe go to v-neck BPs or two-button ones?

Crazy idea #2 - matching gold pants to go with these. Anyone who makes a "they'll look like they pissed themselves" joke is an idiot. I think that this gold would look better than the Padres khaki color that made them look like mid '80s Gap employees.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Those Cerveceros jerseys were great. Seeing the Brewers in gold was pretty cool - it's a good color for them bring out on some occasions.

The comeback of gold jerseys in MLB this year is surprising, but so awesome.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

The Cards have never done a night like this at home (and I tend to doubt they would-not necessarily a Spanish night, but one in which they change their jerseys), so I'm assuming the Brewers asked and the Cards said "sure, if you pay for 'em."

But that's a complete guess.

I'm pretty against the whole changing your jerseys thing. In the case of last night it's kinda cool they did more than just add "Los", but at the same time, a name is a name in any language, and I think it's lame to change it.

On the topic of the gold jerseys, they were pretty solid. Wouldn't want to see them too often, though.

This guy probably likes the new alternate jerseys:

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I'd like to see the Mariners hold a Japanese night, and have the Japanese character(s) for "Mariners" on their jerseys, and likewise for the visiting team. Makes sense to me considering the influence over the years of Ichiro, Sasaki, Johjima, Hasegawa, and the Nintendo ownership that saved them from becoming the Tampa Bay Mariners oh so long ago. There's even a Japanese section in the game programs...

The Cards have never done a night like this at home (and I tend to doubt they would-not necessarily a Spanish night, but one in which they change their jerseys), so I'm assuming the Brewers asked and the Cards said "sure, if you pay for 'em."

That's likely. These events (and one-off throwback nights) are arranged by the home club.

I'd like to see the Mariners hold a Japanese night, and have the Japanese character(s) for "Mariners" on their jerseys

I did a concept like that a while back. Needless to say, it did not go over well with the usual xenophobic crowd.

I like it. Heck of a lot better than Marineros or whatever they wear for Spanish night. Though I think it might look better in the current colors, even though the trident-star hat is one of my all-time favorite baseball caps...

<boilerplate lefty whining>

Hmm, and yet despite stereotyping and implying that people who you don't like can't spell, you still don't come off any smarter after that post.

As for the jersey, gold looks nice. Once again, it is good to see a team put effort into it instead of slapping "los" in front of the team name.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm surprised this many people liked them. I guess they look better in a HD still-shot, but watching them on local TV in non high-def (yes, the channel is still in the dark ages) was flat-out painful. I watched with a group of people and everyone thought they were gross. The jerseys were, however, perfectly fine while listening to Bob Uecker.

I would like them to adopt a gold alt, as long as it's not too often. Maybe as a Sunday (or any one day per week) home alt, which would come out to being worn roughly twice a month = roughly 12 games a year. I think that's a good happy medium to keep a jersey special, but also wear it enough to get it noticed. If I'm not mistaken, this exactly how the BoSox, A's, Giants, M's, Braves, and possibly KC/TB (not sure about those last two) schedule to wear their "bright" alts. And it works, without making fans tired of them.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived