Brewers "Cerveceros" Jersey

kbaker19

The most support you see for the old logo and design are kids in college and high school. I'm 22, and when I was at games at County Stadium, I saw the 90's logo, not the mit and ball logo. I was between the age of 5 and 10 when the MB was used. The '82 team was nearly 30 years ago, so people roughly under 35 aren't going to associate their experience with winning to a specific logo set. People support the old design because the logo is cool. They don't support the 90's logo because it's not good. They changed from a recognizable set to an unmarketable disaster. That's why it went away in 6 years.

And the script has nothing to do with it. The font could have been Comic Sans and fans would still wear it because it was connected to the mit and ball logo. I'll also defend that it's not about colors so much either. If the brewers were brown and red at the time of their mit and ball logo, fans would be wearing that.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll also defend that it's not about colors so much either. If the brewers were brown and red at the time of their mit and ball logo, fans would be wearing that.

But that was exactly his point - the team's original colors are imprinted on the minds of Milwaukee baseball fans because they are the team's original colors (not for their own sake in a vacuum).

While the 90's Brewers identity was very good, I never liked the primary logo with`the bats and diamond. It was just too busy. The Wisconsin/Barley ball logo was much better IMO. I still think the current set is the best in Brewers history, especially if they brought back the BBM and included the barley more. But if the Brewers ditch the current set for a throwback, I could live with anything after 1989.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived