Rays Fauxback Concept

GriffinM6

OK I'm done no more concepts for me.

edit: Why am I just giving up like this?

because you are in 8th grade and most 8th graders (and kids through HS) can't take constructive criticism.

Hey there are lots of "adults" on this board that can't either. Dude...keep plugging away, but don't flood the board with crap. Quality over quantity goes far here. And listen to folks, well the ones that actually take time to tell you what works and what doesn't. The ones that say..."It Sux"...well they can be and should be ignored.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Well, if we're repping Gwinnett in here, Peachtree Ridge (grad) present and accounted for.

Grayson FTW. ur football team has been a pain in my ass for quite some time....

haha. Yeah, they've been pretty good the last few years. I was Duluth for 2 yrs, and transferred to PR when it opened for my jr/sr years. Between Duluth and PR's first 2 years, I didn't see much athletic success first hand...

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

ITS A CONCEPT, why does everyone demand that everything be super original. Some of my favorite jerseys are just re-colorization's of another one. If you are trolling and crapping on peoples artwork that they did in their spare time, than I am 100% your parents were morons for raising you like an idiot. Get a life and a girlfriend if all you are doing is trolling on a sports logo's forum. "Pretty unimaginative" is not constructive in anyway. Seriously I am so sorry you had the parents you did.

As for the jersey, I think the stripes are risky, but I like them.

ITS A CONCEPT, why does everyone demand that everything be super original. Some of my favorite jerseys are just re-colorization's of another one. If you are trolling and crapping on peoples artwork that they did in their spare time, than I am 100% your parents were morons for raising you like an idiot. Get a life and a girlfriend if all you are doing is trolling on a sports logo's forum. "Pretty unimaginative" is not constructive in anyway. Seriously I am so sorry you had the parents you did.

Agree completely. This is why the concept forum is dwindling away. Those who are new and come on here to share their projects keep getting tossed in the fire pit. It is a concept. There's no reason that everything must be original and rendered to perfection. As long as it's different in some way, I consider it a concept. Again, the reason the forum is losing it's members is because people are turned away right from the start because they can't get reasonable criticism. Just my two cents.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Agree completely. This is why the concept forum is dwindling away. Those who are new and come on here to share their projects keep getting tossed in the fire pit. It is a concept. There's no reason that everything must be original and rendered to perfection. As long as it's different in some way, I consider it a concept. Again, the reason the forum is losing it's members is because people are turned away right from the start because they can't get reasonable criticism. Just my two cents.

You are obviously new and don't know what this forum used to be like.

You are obviously new and don't know what this forum used to be like.

This.

As for the part I bolded (is that a word?)... There's plenty of reason why everything must be original. It's a concept, not a couple added stripes or a recolored logo. If it's not original it's not yours. People need to take more time in their concepts, instead of just posting the first thing that comes to mind. Be your own C&C. Don't look at your finished product for a day or two, then look at it; you'll noticed problems you didn't see before. After that, post it.

People want to complain "Aw mom, the concept forum sucks!11!!" Instead of complaining, do your part to "fix it". The complaining is just as bad as the crappy C&C and lackluster concepts.

I don't get these two posts. At all. Especially the first one; bringing people's parents into this?

Really?

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

It's a goddam FORUM.

I think the idea is there, but you just got lazy with it, left the current wordmark and essentially the entire Rays' template, and added stripes. Try taking a look at some 70s baseball uniforms, jot down mental notes, and go from there. Adding stripes to a modern look just looks odd and "uninspired". Use a more retro looking font for the wordmark and you've got something.

As long as you give at least some thought and effort, you shouldn't get flamed to death for flooding a goddam FORUM.

Because after a while, we've seen it all a hundred times before. I personally like the concept here, but I understand why people get sick and tired of seeing the same things over and over again.

Archived