Phillies current jerseys with liberty bell

cityofphilly1991

I've wanted to see my phillies add a liberty bell patch on one of their current home and away or even a red alternate jersey with the "P" on the chest. Well i messed around with the bell and think it came out pretty well on the current home and away. What does anyone else think of this idea (i was also thinking our primary with the shield and bell might look good, or our replicated bell in rightfield in a patch with the phillies name going through it, similar to our 2004 inaugural patch but round not oval)

phillieshomebell.gif

philliesroad2.gif

I think it looks too plain as is, maybe place a white border around it so it doesn't look so out of place? And maybe for one of the two, play with the option of changing the color to the Phillies red to see how well that plays out (maybe for the road jersey).

I think that might work out rather nicely. Would you keep the red pinstripe of the rounded patch logo, because if so then I think it would work most effectively on their home jersey.

Perhaps have an inverted colors version (minus the pinstripes) for the away jersey (red ring with blue outlines)?

Nice touch, although I agree with what someone else said about it needing an outline (maybe white?). It looks good though, it makes these boring unis a little less boring, and gives it a specifically-Philly touch.

Thanks bro and for those of your who asked for the white border here it is on the road, its a little difficult for me to get it on the white, anyone know how to add a border by simply pressing a button or using a tool on photoshop. Any help would be great.

Ok here it is looks much better with the outline:

philliesroad3.gif

Looks much better. I'm still kind of the mind set that perhaps the bell on the road jersey should be red just to make it pop out more, but as is it looks good.

Still, look forward to seeing you pull that more complex patch design off and seeing how that turns out.

I like it as blue it ties in with the stars. Try it with a red outline. The uni already has a ton of red so a little blue breaks it up nicely.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

To make an outline on Photoshop, go to Layer Style -> Stroke.

Ok i was able to unlock the layers and figures everything out, i went all out and can reedit it if you guys think ive gone too far, i put a red outline on the bell, and inverted the numbers and letters colors on the back and even gave the front script a blue outline b/c i think it gave it a nice touch, if you guys think it doesnt look good ill get rid of one the outlines, or just continue to play around with many variations. Let me know what looks good and what has too go and if i should chose different shades of red or blue (btw how do you save an eyedropped color so i can keep the colors the true phillies colors, i did as best i could with the naked eye lol

Ok the home jersey will soon come and so will a couple surprises :grin:

philliesroad4.jpg

Archived