College Football FBS Redesign

Brave-Bird 08

Great set. The only thing I'm not entirely impressed with is Illinois' helmet. It's too 'blah' compared to the rest of the unis IMO. Love seeing what other people do with the B1G, too! Keep up the good work, and please don't murder MSU's identity. ^_^

Monochrome bronze. Do it now.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Illinois: Like the design, don't like the helmet, don't like the number or NOB font. Go with the current helmet and current jersey fonts.

IU: I did something very similar, so I like it. Only thing I would change is the helmet stripes. Go with two to match the rest of the set.

Ohio St: Not a fan of the rounded font with the block O. I'd leave that alone. Otherwise I like it.

Penn St: Looks good, but as Billy B said, the helmet won't happen. And I like the pants stripe. I also added that in for my PSU concept.

Purdon't: I like the design a lot, but I'm not a fan of the italic NOB or the silver jersey/pants. I like that you added some silver, but a jersey and pants are overdoing it IMO.

Wisconsin: Love the design. Great use of the very limited adidas template happy.gif

Great set. The only thing I'm not entirely impressed with is Illinois' helmet. It's too 'blah' compared to the rest of the unis IMO. Love seeing what other people do with the B1G, too! Keep up the good work, and please don't murder MSU's identity. ^_^

2emd7yp.gif

...that's how I feel about that.

I do intend on bringing back the State script and using one of the unused modern spartan helmet logos! does that count as murdering?

2emd7yp.gif

...that's how I feel about that.

I do intend on bringing back the State script and using one of the unused modern spartan helmet logos! does that count as murdering?

Relax, I was kidding :P . If you actually did that i would have to kill you.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

That would look epically horrible. I already reamed vicfurth for using that damned logo... I hate it. It says something when a Facebook fan group full of enraged students and fans is strong enough to get the AD to deny Nike's logo change. I wouldn't use it, but it's your concept. If you do, I'll tell you know: I hate it. Haha. ^_^

Also, killer .gif choice!

That would look epically horrible. I already reamed vicfurth for using that damned logo... I hate it. It says something when a Facebook fan group full of enraged students and fans is strong enough to get the AD to deny Nike's logo change. I wouldn't use it, but it's your concept. If you do, I'll tell you know: I hate it. Haha. ^_^

Also, killer .gif choice!

The unused logo fits perfectly with their new set and is a better piece of design. The old one they're still using just is out of place.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

Pittsburgh Panthers

-Pitt is also the same as my first post.

exportA-36.png

exportB-30.png

This is really nice. I think you should add a stripe to the helmet and have the legs, arms and pant stripes match. I absolutely love how you provided Pitt with white numbers with gold outlines on the home unis--I just think it looks better. I'm not a fan of Pitt's all blue look in general. Overall very nice.

Big East Conference

UConn Huskies

- I wanted to make a more complete design for the Huskies, as well as incorporate red. The tweaks I made to the first version you saw include changing the cuffs to match jersey color, and adding a white helmet option.

exportA-38.png

exportB-32.png

BIG FAN of the white helmet for UCONN--great idea.

Big Ten Legends

Alright folks. Time for a few teams from the Legends division. Two concepts for you here today. Hopefully I can really get the ball rolling and knock all of these out on or around my "deadline"...opening kickoff. Two for the road as I head off to work--Iowa and Michigan. Nothing really groundbreaking, but would like some C&C's

Iowa

-I really wanted to differentiate them from the Steelers. The jersey stripe style hopefully fits their identity in a modern way without giving them a piped out look (I'll let you agree or disagree).

export-2.png

Michigan

-Simple design here, but hopefully effective. I've actually posted something similar to this in my "revamp madness" thread, but this is a toned down version. The maize pants are implied to be the primary for the home and away jersey, and the white pants are an alternate.

export-3.png

Iowa: Near perfection. I agree with Griffmarlins to make the sleeve stripes black on the road.

Michigan: Not a fan. I don't like how the road has stripes on it while the home doesn't. You also need to move the numbers on the shoulders down a little bit.

As the others said, Iowa looks great, just make the road sleeve stripes black.

I like Michigan as well. I don't mind the numbers being on the shoulders on the home, since it keeps it consistent with the road. And I like the old school stripes on the road. I would just make the pant stripes go all the way up the pants.

Alright, here's a few more, plus an Iowa update. Simple designs for this half of the Big Ten...just kind of my preference.

Iowa

-Just changed the road jersey, as requested.

export-4.png

Michigan State

-There's two things I loved about Michigan State: Simple uniforms, and that "STATE" script. So, there you go! I figured green pants made more sense than two sets of white pants.

export-5.png

Minnesota

-Another simple design here. I loved the Maroney era look for them. So that's what I went for.

exportA-43.png

exportB-35.png

Nebraska

-The big move here is moving Nebraska to a different look from Wisconsin, which is helped by the fact I made Wisconsin modern.

export-6.png

-----------------

Northwestern is on the way, then we go to the Pac-12!

Now this may end up sounding what every other Nebraska fan will tell you, but please, please, please keep the two stripes! Haha, no offense to Wisconsin but we had the look first. B) And with the changes you made to Wisconsin, I think they'd be different enough (love the Badgers' unis by the way). I don't mind the font, but the single stripe just looks too plain I guess.

But I really love what you're doing with all these teams!

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I really like this Nebraska set. While I'm a big fan of our current, two-stripe pants, I appreciate your effort to bring some uniformity to the stripe pattern across the jersey.

Two suggestions - if you're going to use the retro style numbers, try a serif font like the throwbacks (1962 style) that we wore a couple years ago.

34222_LA_Lafayette_Nebraska_Football_medium.jpg

Second -- and this goes for all NU concepts -- gotta add the shoulder patch on the upperleft shoulder (right side viewing). It's an NU staple, like the Blackshirts defense.

nebraska-cornhusker-jersey-adidas-nebraska-cornhuskers-10-white-replica-football-jersey.jpg

Otherwise, this is probably my favorite NU concept on the boards. Now you just have to wait for Impaler to tell you that you need black shoes and a contrasting belt. :)

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

MSU: I like everything except the pants striping (I would just use a standard stripe, like Nebraska but thinner), and the logo above the NOB. I would get rid of it and put the spartan head on the side of the pants.

Minnesota: B1G improvement over their current look (and see what I did there happy.gif). Only suggestion would be to change the road collar and cuffs to red, so they show up more.

Nebraska: See CAB and pianoknight.

Archived