College Football FBS Redesign

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the shoulder stripes, though it's awfully close to Cincy's. Not sure how a feel about the adidas stripes. It's no where else but on the helmet and leaves the whole uniform feeling kind of top heavy. I'd toss 'em and add some sort of piping/striping on the pants to balance out the set.

Loving this series, by the way. Keep it up.

I'm not a fan of the "recycled template," although it is realistic. But if you're going that route, then so be it.

I only have two issues. First I would add a black outline to the helmet logo to match the numbers. I'd also add a pair of purple pants. I think they'd look better with the road set than black pants, and you could have the purple/black/purple combo from their Rose Bowl year.

Thanks for the comment. I'm actually, in my own little world, playing with the "recycled template" card...adds some sort of realism? That's why it looks like Cincy's, because it kind of is, haha.

I see what you're saying. But like mbannon said, I'm not a huge fan of it (especially for the more team-specific designs), but it doesn't bother me too much.

Actually, now that I'm taking another look at this, I'd get rid of any purple-black interaction. Drop the outlines in the logo and numbers, I think it'll go for much of a cleaner, less "muddied" look. The purple and black blend together, and from afar, it looks like there's no outlnie at all, anyways.

I like all three. I'm glad you got rid of the fade pattern for Arizona and put the stripes on the sleeves. Also glad you kept the shoulder stripes for ASU, but went back to Sparky. Lastly, I like the classic look for Colorado, as well as the silver.

Just want to say that you're doing a great job with all of these! I'm not a big NCAA Football fan, so I can't give a whole lot of C&C, but I love the Wisconsin uniforms, and the addition of red to UConn looks great.

Keep up the awesome work, it's nice to see someone doing a big, quality project like this.

TDZiMMB.png

No criticisms for the three latest ones. Arizona's is perfect, ASU takes the good parts of their new redesigns and throws out the bad parts (I have to disagree with Canuck - for the love of God LEAVE OUT THE BLACK!) and Colorado's isn't too different from their new uniforms, which I would rank as one of the top five sets in CFB, so good job there. Excellent work.

Only minor thing I think you should update on Sparky: tie that pant stripe in to the 'devil' feel a bit more. It's edgy, but it doesn't have the character that the shoulder stripes have. Nice work on the Pac 12 so far!

No criticisms for the three latest ones. Arizona's is perfect, ASU takes the good parts of their new redesigns and throws out the bad parts (I have to disagree with Canuck - for the love of God LEAVE OUT THE BLACK!) and Colorado's isn't too different from their new uniforms, which I would rank as one of the top five sets in CFB, so good job there. Excellent work.

what about the new font he used the new wordmark but not the new font

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

Really nice Brave-Bird! A couple of thoughts:

Arizona: Looks great, just a perfect balance. The only thing I puzzle over is how the stripe on the helmet is unbalanced (red, white, blue) and how you duplicate that on the other elements of the uni. I almost think the helmet stripe should be a five stripe setup (blue, white, red, white, blue) to mimmick the "A" design.

Arizona State: Thank you for ditching the black and getting back to the classy white highlights. I'm not a fan of the pitchfork shoulder stripes, they look a little too tacked-on to me. Personally I'd just go with yellow on the cuffs and ditch the shoulder stripes all-together.

Colorado: Really nicely done! This is a case where silver makes sense to incorporate as it is an official school color. I don't think the helmet logo needs the silver outline, nor the logo on the pants, but I like it on the jersey as a stand alone for the number, wordmark and stripes. The outline on the away jersey numbers and stripes looks good.

Go Cougs.

Arizona: Looks great, just a perfect balance. The only thing I puzzle over is how the stripe on the helmet is unbalanced (red, white, blue) and how you duplicate that on the other elements of the uni. I almost think the helmet stripe should be a five stripe setup (blue, white, red, white, blue) to mimmick the "A" design.

The red/white/blue stripe is an Arizona tradition. We've had it on our helmets almost continuously (save for 2004-2009) since the early 1980s.

The red/white/blue stripe is an Arizona tradition. We've had it on our helmets almost continuously (save for 2004-2009) since the early 1980s.

Understood. How then to best incorporate it into the unis? I guess so it always "reads" red white and blue from left to right (and top to bottom).

Go Cougs.

• 1 year later...

Fabulous stuff Brave-Bird. :) Which program do you use to design them?

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

Archived