International Fútbol Tournaments and World Cup Qualification

AnythingChicago

Just a thought, why not let Canada host the next Gold Cup?

It's my wish to have it!

You'd just have to delay, the CFL season by a week or two.

Not necessarily. You could get away with six stadia, right? So Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal, Winnipeg, and Ottawa. And you just schedule around the CFL games.

Could a World Cup in the Great White North be feasible down the line? (After all, if Qatar can get one, then Canada should as well)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a great performance but they got the job done.

The finishing was a hot mess, especially from Dempsey. Dempsey could've had a hat trick tonight, and it's a miracle that he didn't even get one.

That being said, I'm not complaining. Job done, they're through to the quarters. Can't pull this crap against Jamaica, though.

It's my wish to have it!

Not necessarily. You could get away with six stadia, right? So Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal, Winnipeg, and Ottawa. And you just schedule around the CFL games.

Could a World Cup in the Great White North be feasible down the line? (After all, if Qatar can get one, then Canada should as well)

I keep pondering it but I just can't see it happening. Not enough quality FIFA stadia, not a single 70,000 seat venue and all the CFL stadiums are under 40K outside of Vancouver, Edmonton and Toronto. Airports really only Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal and possibly Ottawa could harbor the amount of people that would travel here.

I'd love it, but it's just not in the question right now. I'd be just fine with the US hosting it and they could if the Qatar BS isn't figured out.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

It's my wish to have it!

I keep pondering it but I just can't see it happening. Not enough quality FIFA stadia, not a single 70,000 seat venue and all the CFL stadiums are under 40K outside of Vancouver, Edmonton and Toronto. Airports really only Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal and possibly Ottawa could harbor the amount of people that would travel here.

I'd love it, but it's just not in the question right now. I'd be just fine with the US hosting it and they could if the Qatar BS isn't figured out.

But at the same time, I'd rather the USA host in 2026 for obvious reasons.

LvZYtbZ.png

The finishing was a hot mess, especially from Dempsey. Dempsey could've had a hat trick tonight, and it's a miracle that he didn't even get one.

That being said, I'm not complaining. Job done, they're through to the quarters. Can't pull this crap against Jamaica, though.

I dont know what in the world was going on with Dempsey tonight. Mind elsewhere? No clue but he couldnt buy a goal. Cherundolo was MOTM in my opinion.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

It's my wish to have it!

Canada doesn't have the petrodollars to bribe FIFA with, though.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well for a potential World Cup in Canada, you could end up having a set-up similar to this...

-New Stadium in Toronto either for Bills or for WC2026 (~80,000)

-Olympic Stadium in Montreal (66,000)

-Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton (60,000)

-Mosaic Stadium in Regina (55,000 with temporary seating like during Grey Cup)

-BC Place in Vancouver (54,500)

-Rogers Centre in Toronto as second GTA stadium (54,000)

-McMahon Stadium in Calgary (46,000 with temporary seating)

-Ivor Wynne Stadium in Hamilton (43,000 with temporary seating)

-New Bombers Stadium in Winnipeg (40,000 with temporary seating)

-Rebuilt Frank Clair Stadium in Ottawa (~40,000 in some way probably)

^That's 10 of the 12 host sites I think you can get to for Canada. They'd probably have to look into building stadiums in some combination of Halifax, Quebec City, London, Kitchener, Windsor, or Victoria, and obviously infrastructure (relating to airports, hotels, VIArail, etc.) would have to be made, but if the Canadian government really wanted to do it, I think they could.

6fQjS3M.png

I dont know what in the world was going on with Dempsey tonight. Mind elsewhere? No clue but he couldnt buy a goal. Cherundolo was MOTM in my opinion.

Agreed. You gotta think that Dempsey's gonna snap out of it. Too good of a finisher to blow anything like that, again.

Altidore's goal was outrageous, though. Figures that they'd convert the toughest opportunity they had to score yet miss a couple of sitters. :lol: Donovan missed one right on the doorstep as well. Just an odd night.

Agreed. You gotta think that Dempsey's gonna snap out of it. Too good of a finisher to blow anything like that, again.

Altidore's goal was outrageous, though. Figures that they'd convert the toughest opportunity they had to score yet miss a couple of sitters. :lol: Donovan missed one right on the doorstep as well. Just an odd night.

Donovan hasnt been himself at all in this tournament yet. I guess it bodes well that our best players havent been that but yet we still had a shot at winning the group. Hopefully theyre just coasting until the knock out round in which theyll turn it on. I hope so.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Panama has just scored in stoppage time to draw the match. This is why you needed the second goal.

Dear Canada:

Look. The US supporters were cheering you on in KC. All you had to do was hold on. But you couldn't even do that.

Good job, road cones.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Panama has just scored in stoppage time to draw the match. This is why you needed the second goal.

Dear Canada:

Look. The US supporters were cheering you on in KC. All you had to do was hold on. But you couldn't even do that.

Good job, road cones.

You know Stephan Hart's tactics would work better he he lined up the team backwards. The ball would get closer to the opposition's goal that way!

Supporting this team is ulcer-inducing.

1zqy8ok.gif

Costa Rica and Honduras...tied. 1-1 in extra time. Both goals were scored in the second half. So who moves on to the semis?

EDIT: Oops. Got confused. It said "final" at the bottom of the screen. Honduras wins in Penalty Kicks.

25yzwqg.png

Too much integrity and not enough oil money with which to bribe FIFA officials to get the Cup as well.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Too much integrity and not enough oil money with which to bribe FIFA officials to get the Cup as well.

Well Alberta has oil money. Just not worth spending on something for the entire country.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived