The Winnipeg Owls

Le Québécois

yeah, why not! I know a lot of people in here wish for True North to name the team "Jets" with a red, white and blue uniform but I have a feeling that they won't want to go back there and to look to the future instead of staying in the past!

I got the name from the fact that The Atlanta Trashers we're named after the official bird of the state of Georgia. Since the official bird of Manitoba is the great Grey Owl, I went with the Winnipeg (or Manitoba) Owls...

It's different, it's a concept so your C and C are welcome! Now, I only want constructive critisism. Don't reply saying there's no way it's gonna be called Owls, you don't know this more than I do... The logo is taken from the site RivalArt.com

winnipegOwls.jpg

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

No offense, but I'd hardly call it a concept at all if you took the logo from some website and threw it on a white jersey with a few stripes. Besides, the logo is too cartoony looking and the colors seem a little too washed out.

I agree with the others about the logo just not really working, its very cartoonish and very feminine.

The colors are neat, its different which is nice. But I think (and I cant believe I am saying this haha) a little black would go a long way. Just a thin stripe between the yellow and grey stripes, and between the yellow and the grey in the numbers. I normally would not tell anyone to add black but I really think it would help make it pop ya know. Also remove the smaller lighter grey stripe.

No offense, but I'd hardly call it a concept at all if you took the logo from some website and threw it on a white jersey with a few stripes. Besides, the logo is too cartoony looking and the colors seem a little too washed out.

It's no different that putting an old Winnipeg Jets logo on a jersey and calling it a concept.

I agree that it's too cartoony, though.

yeah, why not! I know a lot of people in here wish for True North to name the team "Jets" with a red, white and blue uniform but I have a feeling that they won't want to go back there and to look to the future instead of staying in the past!

I got the name from the fact that The Atlanta Trashers we're named after the official bird of the state of Georgia. Since the official bird of Manitoba is the great Grey Owl, I went with the Winnipeg (or Manitoba) Owls...

It's different, it's a concept so your C and C are welcome! Now, I only want constructive critisism. Don't reply saying there's no way it's gonna be called Owls, you don't know this more than I do... The logo is taken from the site RivalArt.com

winnipegOwls.jpg

I'm getting a little uncomfortable looking at this concept. Is that owl checking me out?

The colours might be a little too subdued... I don't know what you'd use as the main dark colour on the home jersey.

Other than that, I'd remove the third grey stripe on the hem and fix up the nameplate.

I love this forum, I'm learning a new word with each concept I make!

subdued?

I thought about a home dark grey jersey which would be something new...

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

A: its Thrashers (im not trying to insult the language barrier, just a pet peeve)

B: Ever seen the movie the rookie?

morrisandquaid.jpg

I stand corrected for the bird's name and no, I never saw the movie... I see that the font is the same, it's called "ballpark" font!And I used the same colors as the owl I found on a site...

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

I see so because I'm not that good in drawing I cannot make any concepts here? And I agree with delayed penalty quote

It's no different that putting an old Winnipeg Jets logo on a jersey and calling it a concept.

Yeah, it's true that the colors might look too washed out but I still think it's different...

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

I agree with the others about the logo just not really working, its very cartoonish and very feminine.

The colors are neat, its different which is nice. But I think (and I cant believe I am saying this haha) a little black would go a long way. Just a thin stripe between the yellow and grey stripes, and between the yellow and the grey in the numbers. I normally would not tell anyone to add black but I really think it would help make it pop ya know. Also remove the smaller lighter grey stripe.

I'll try some black like you said and remove the thin grey line... Thank you for your critics!

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Oh, well put! I couldn't agree more!

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Oh, well put! I couldn't agree more!

And I totally agree with that point DP. But if the team was to be called the Jets, and the Jets had already had a team in the past that people are still very nostalgic over, of course one would think to use that logo, because it brings back memories of when the Jets actually fielded a team. I for one am a fan of change when it comes to sports logos, so I would expect someone to create a different Jets logo if the team were to be named that. I and a lot of other people know that there are many traditionalists that like the Jets old logo, which is why they use it for their concepts.

Archived