Heitert's NHL

AHcreative

Alright, school's been occupying most of my time, but I got a few hours to sit down here and there to start working on this thing again. I finally got finished with my Flames concept.

What I Did: I always thought that the Flames had some potential for some really unique jerseys. With a name like "Flames" I thought to add a little more emphasis on the "fire" aspect. So these feature flames both on the sleeves and bottoms of the jerseys. Looking at Nashville's new uniforms, I figured that yellow really isn't that bad of a color to appear on a jersey so I made the home uniforms yellow. Also, I got rid of the Albertan flag in favor of just the Canadian.

So here they are, tell me what ya think. Thanks for looking.

CalgaryFlamesSet.png

I think that if you make a home jersey in black - that would be much nicer and sharper execution to bring up the flames pattern. Also, make the logo bigger to match up with flames pattern. Sorry, but the yellow color on the home jersey

doesn't work nicely with a flame pattern idea to replace regular arm and hem stripes , that rather looks more vintage, more for the Winter Classic event. Also, add some black on away jersey, too for a contrast. Dropping Albertan flag might be a good idea, then you should drop a canadian flag as well, as by not having the two on a shoulder yoke will not make a team less canadian IMO.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other than the Flames, you haven't strayed too far from what the teams are doing, or have done--more tweaking than anything else--and it's worked for me in that respect, although I was never a fan of the Sabres blue & yellow unis--but as that's what they've used before and have returned to--that's fine--your tweaks are quite well done in that context.

But the Flames?

I like what you've done for the alts, as my favorite Flames unis have always been their original ones.

But the others--sorry, at best they look like something I'd see worn at a skateboard park or competition--not a hockey team.

And the yellow just doesn't work--that might look better on red, but still don't think it would sell me.

I would not increase the black--as purely a trim colour, it's fine--it's not needed for more than that--and that's what you've done.

If you want to add some flames--I'd try it on the pants.

As for the flags--if you dump one--dump them both.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 4 weeks later...

I'm gonna bump this up for any additional comments on the Flames uniforms, I know it's been awhile but I do plan on finishing this project no matter how long it takes.

Additionally, I?d like to just vent here for a bit:

I know that there have been a lot of bad "concepts" on this forum for awhile now and this thread keeps getting bumped down with troll concepts (for lack of a better term), that actually get more comments than those who actually put a lot of thought and effort into their work. I've been around here for 6 years now and in those 6 years I've seen a lot of awesome work but now it seems like everything's being bogged down by trolls; just at the point in which I'd really like to develop my skills too. It's so annoying to see your work being bumped down to the second or third page after only receiving a few comments and seeing some literal "Crap" Longhorn "concept", or some Kindergarten Finger-paint Auburn "concept", or (and this is my favorite) this horrid "Toronto Maple Leafs/Predators/Winnie the Bruin" abomination.

Each of these got multiple pages of comments in a couple of days while I?m struggling to get a few comments per concept. The last one mentioned above got a total of 4 pages of comments in a few hours.

I'd really appreciate any and all feedback. I know my skills aren?t the greatest, if fact I?m posting to get opinions so that I can improve them, and I?m not cutting any corners. So, any and all comments are greatly appreciated.

[/rant]

Lastly, here is a little tweak to the Hurricanes logo that I?ve been working on. I flipped the ?puck? in the middle to make it look like more of a puck and I stretched the corners and added a couple inside lines to make it look more ?intense? and less like someone just flushed the toilet. So if anyone can think of any way to improve the logo I?d appreciate hearing it.

HurricaneLogos.png

Thanks guys, especially to those who know how it is to put a lot of time and effort into your work and then see it bumped down because of some crappy ?concepts?.

Great. It looks more fierce and hurricane-like (not just an oval). And I've always hated how the puck looked upside-down, good idea flipping it. Though it looks a little too thin, try making the puck taller/thicker to look more proportional and puck-like.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Great. It looks more fierce and hurricane-like (not just an oval). And I've always hated how the puck looked upside-down, good idea flipping it. Though it looks a little too thin, try making the puck taller/thicker to look more proportional and puck-like.

Yeah the one thing about this logo that I was worried about was the thickness of the puck. I just needed to keep molding it to make it look more like a puck and I guess in the process I took a little too much off. ^_^

So I'll work on the puck. Thanks for all the comments guys!

Thanks a lot for the comments guys. I'll start working on thickening up the puck in the logo a bit and then re-visit the Flames. I should have a Flames update and some Hurricane uniforms up within the next week or so (depending upon how school and life is going of course).

Love your work, retuning the favor of your comments on my stuff:

Anaheim: I like the new logos but I'm not a huge fan of the sweeping stripes. The Third needs to be blown up and started from scratch. I get What you were trying to do but that third is just hideous, IMO. The Ducks, as you and I both know, need to go back to teal and purp. THAT'S the Ducks I could get behind.

Buffalo: I love the new Alt logo, but I think the current primary is perfect, though yours is a great update, I just don't think it needs to be changed. Glad to see the bettman stripes and pit stains gone but I would prefer the current sleeve, sock and hem stripes. Third: love the numbers sans-stitching, but I want the yellow nameplate (Though I know you hate them, so that's fine :)).

Boston: I would go a different route with the third but you changes to the stripes still evoke classic Bruins unis while changing the current unis. Good work, but to me it's a lateral move.

Calgary: I love that you kept black as an accent to separate the yellow from black (I hate when those colors touch) but I would invert the home jersey to predominantly red with yellow flames. Very unique "striping", not how great it would look on ice but I think it's an improvement over the current design, at least on paper. I'd prolly throw some black trim on that third (yellow and red touching!) and turn it into a fauxback but that's a very nice uni even without it.

And I L.O.V.E. the hurricanes logo edit. 1000x better.

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the Hurricanes logo.

I have one more 'Canes logo for y'all to look at.

I've always liked that Hurricanes alternate logo, but the one thing I don't like about it is that it depicts a tropical storm flag (one red and black box) as opposed to the hurricane flag (which is two red and black boxes). I flipped the hockey stick, I thought the flags fit better that way, and I turned the triangle in the background to silver.

HurricanesLogocomparison.png

So what do you guys think? Yea or nay on the new alternate logo?

Thanks again for the feedback fellas.

Yea to the logo, nay to the silver triangle. Add a silver outline instead. There's simply not enough silver in the other logo to justify it in such a large proportion.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Yea to the logo, nay to the silver triangle. Add a silver outline instead. There's simply not enough silver in the other logo to justify it in such a large proportion.

How about if I just get rid of the silver all together and keep the triangle black just like the original alternate logo?

Hurricanesalt2.png

Does that look any better?

How about if I just get rid of the silver all together and keep the triangle black just like the original alternate logo?

Hurricanesalt2.png

Does that look any better?

This is a fantastic update on an already great logo, much better without silver

I never really looked at the thing in the middle as being a puck. It always looked vaguely eye-ish to me, like it's supposed to resemble the eye of a storm. I can kinda see what you were trying to do by swapping the parts of the shape around, but you've kind of lost the "eye" effect and it looks like a roller hockey puck instead.

Aside from that, your Hurricanes logo is a pretty good update :D

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• 2 months later...

Well it's definitely been awhile since I updated this, but I've finally got some time to sit down and work on this project.

With the Hurricanes you can see that I tweaked the logos a bit. The primary is a little more "fierce" looking and I finally made sense of the alternate by adding the second flag signifying the hurricane warning as opposed to the "tropical storm warning" logo that they currently have.

So, without further ado, here are the Carolina Hurricanes:

Logos: Primary--Alternate

CarolinaHurricanes-1.png

C&C is greatly appreciated! Thanks for viewing fellas!

Archived