Heitert's NHL

AHcreative

What I would suggest to do is fix the bottom part of the "A"; as mentioned above, it looks too cartoony as of now. I have to disagree with the above posters regarding the mountains - think they look fine as is and don't need to fit inside the inner circle.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe try and fuse the rockies logo with the avalanches? like ross did.

Sorry bud, but I don't think so. For two reasons:

1) Why would I fuse two completely different franchises? Just an FYI if ya didn't know, but the Colorado Rockies are now the New Jersey Devils.

and

2) I don't want to take an idea that's not my own. Also, his concepts were of a completely different basis other than a simple NHL concepts thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, it seems like I'm getting mixed opinions on whether or not I should keep the "avalanche" portion. I can definitely see arguments for both points and I'm not sure how I feel about it now. :lol:

I'll sleep on it and try some different options either tomorrow or Thursday.

Thanks for the C&C by the way. I really appreciate it.

I think if you do the Avalanche portion, you should have the bit of avalanche on the top of the logo as well so that it doesn't look like a glued on paper towel...that's just my two cents though.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

Alright, I took Morgo's advice and added back in the constellation lines and tried to fix the green area. Now, I'm assuming the constellation that they were going for was Taurus so I tried to make the lines resemble it a little. I attempted to do the eyes but then I realized that aside from the fact that eyes are my Achilles heel, the stars make more sense and they are necessary to complete the constellation. I feel like I'm close, but still not there yet. So please, tell me what I need to do to make this better.

Here's the Taurus reference

And here is the updated logo

MooterusUpdate.png

I can't believe I missed this... oh wait I was out of town.

That being said I think you've nailed it with this iteration. It's a constellation once again and the facial features are a huge improvement. I will give some feedback on the jerseys shortly, just wanted to give you props for the logo first

An idea for Dallas would be maybe to make the alternate the primary home and make a white similar to that for a road. Also make the green mooterus the alt. Keep up the good work!

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• 1 month later...

Well it's been forever and a day since I've updated this. I'm kinda stuck on Colorado and on account of the recent tragedies that have occurred there, I'd rather not have Colorado on my mind unless it be through prayer; all my prayers do go out to all those affected by the incident.

I've decided to jump around and start on the Islanders. Although I like the Islanders current look, I do think they could use a little bit of an update. It's not the 80s anymore and they're not winning Stanley Cup after Stanley Cup (no offense to Islanders fans :P). I LOVE the fisherman logo, but I know that it's a little too far out there so I decided to take the lighthouse element from that short-lived set and give it a little tweak. So I've put two logos together for y'all to look at. Nothing too dramatic in change, but I really think I'm on the right track (hopefully). Obviously the four orange stripes on the lighthouse represent the Stanley Cup victories. I really did like the color set from the mid-90s--with the 'Atlantic Green'--so I'd like to integrate it into my concept. I know option 'B' doesn't have any Atlantic Green, but any suggestions on how I could incorporate it would be greatly appreciated! Any and all comments are HIGHLY valued!

NYIOptions.png

I'd really like to start on the uniforms tonight so any quick comments or critiques would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for viewing!

I'd vote A! I think the wave background works better than the island outline; option B seems to be more of a mish-mash of various eras, while A has a much more cohesive feel to it. To be honest, though, I like the look of the lighthouse itself best in the original. The orange candy-cane stripes seem a little to jarring to my eye. I do like your update to the windows a lot, though, but both of your updated versions have a bit too much orange for my tastes.

Thanks for the C&C! Do you think that the stripes on the lighthouse would look better in a different color perhaps? Because while I do agree that the amount of orange is a bit overwhelming, I really do like the style of lighthouse better than the original. I've always liked that lighthouse logo, but the way the lighthouse was rendered always bugged me a bit. ^_^

Trying out a different color for the stripes could very well be just what it needs! I'm going to make a bold assumption and say that at the end of the day, you know a lot more about logo design than I do, but as long as I'm talking (er, typing), I'd say it seems like the teal would make the most sense, unless you were to change the colors of other elements (i.e. the windows) as well. It looks like you're dropping the gray altogether, but nevertheless, bringing that back for the stripes might be worth a look. Never can tell until you look at it!

I think some sort of combination of A and B would be good. It definitely needs to have Long Island in there somewhere to show where they are really from, but I don't love the way the NY is sort of thrown onto the logo. Try putting it on the lighthouse or something. The lighthouse, by the way, looks really nice with your rendition. As a Long Island native and lifelong Islanders fan, I love what you did with the lighthouse logo that was never all that bad, but that NY should be incorporated somehow IMO. Hope this helps!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Thanks for the C&C! Do you think that the stripes on the lighthouse would look better in a different color perhaps? Because while I do agree that the amount of orange is a bit overwhelming, I really do like the style of lighthouse better than the original. I've always liked that lighthouse logo, but the way the lighthouse was rendered always bugged me a bit. ^_^

Yes. I think alternating Atlantic green/orange would work.

I vote option A. With B, the island doesn't fit as well as part of the background compared to the waves, and the "NY" logo just looks haphazardly placed.

Option B looks fantastic! The map of Long Island works particularly well in the context of the lighthouse scene as it can double as a cloud. The icing on the cake is the subtle "NY" with the classic hockey stick. It tips the hat to the dynasty years without sacrificing progression. Can't wait to see the jerseys

I vote option A. With B, the island doesn't fit as well as part of the background compared to the waves, and the "NY" logo just looks haphazardly placed.

The problem with using any type of green is that it just doesn't fit the team's overall branding. As long as you're using the old lighthouse, try alternating teal and orange, or even royal and orange stripes on the lighthouse to make it a little less jarring and still keep with the brand.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

The problem with using any type of green is that it just doesn't fit the team's overall branding. As long as you're using the old lighthouse, try alternating teal and orange, or even royal and orange stripes on the lighthouse to make it a little less jarring and still keep with the brand.

The "teal" is called Atlantic Green.

Alright, so I took some suggestions and I came up with these four:

NYIOptions2.png

I really didn't like the stripes any other color but orange, so I just played around with some other ideas, I even threw in gray and Atlantic green.

Any of 'em look like winners?

Sorry, the top right one got cut off a little up top, but you get the idea.

Whoa. I got a lot of comments as I was in the process of updating. Should I still try alternating the orange and Atlantic Green?

EDIT: Does anyone else like/dislike the 'NY' in the corner of the logo (option B.) I keep going back and forth on whether or not I like it.

Wow, changing the color of the outline makes the orange on the lighthouse work unbelievably better! Good call. I'm leaning towards the gray circle with the waves in the background, myself.

My personal preference is the bottom right. I think the Atlantic green outline really helps to balance it out with orange. Having said that, I think that your original Option A with alternating colours on the pole could work.

With regards to the other renditions/ideas, adding a fourth colour (five if we're counting white) in grey/silver would be too much. Also, I still maintain that adding the "NY" would be unnecessary and wouldn't fit in well.

Archived