Heitert's NHL

AHcreative

Yeah, agree mostly with Bubba. Please dont go into this new GFGS fad. Everyone is doing it, and the Isles *as a fan myself* have always stayed to the no neutrals on the main set, besides the horrific disaster of a rebrand in the 90s. It will look really clean and sharp. IMO, you should also recolor the current logo as a secondary patch. The jersey striping, imo, should be the same order as the logo,

HOME: TWOWT

AWAY: TRbORbT

Real winner of a classy, yet updated identity. I hope to see the finished product soon, but dont rush it.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I like the original option B the best. You already have one logo on top of another so why add to the complexity of the logo with more outlines. The Atlantic green just makes it look sloppier and I think the traditional Isles fan base would prefer the blue and orange. Otherwise great work!

My favorite is definitely top right. I love the outline, that definitely improved the lighthouse itself, and I still think Long Island should be in the background. The problem I see with using either of the bottom ones is that there are too many colors going on at once. Even though the same colors are in the top ones, there are fewer colors being used prominently, which I see as a plus. Top right is much improved from the original, I would go with that one.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Top right one is the best of the bunch in my humble opinion. Though I miss the NY from the original option B. Either way it looks like this concept is going in the right direction. Rebranding the Islanders to something original is no easy task. I tried and failed miserably. Anyhow great work as always Heitert, can't wait to see the finished product.

I would go with Option A with the original striping. I think the lighthouse is better with just orange and white, and while Option C catches the eye, I think it is a little too in your face. Option A is perfect. Nice job on this, as an Islanders fan I approve heartily.

Cohenj.png

Option A original striping. Clean, professional, and IS the Islanders. Neutral colors don't fly here in NY (besides W or B). I think you should go traditional striping on the jersey, and go 4 stripes on the hem.

Home- Royal blue jersey, Striping: W,O,O,W with teal blue in between each stripe.

Away- White with said striping: Rb, T, T, Rb, with orange in between.

And etc.

But keep up the work, these REALLY rock. Cant wait for the jersey concepts.

Definitely option A. Though I can't decide on the striping for the Lighthouse. They both look good in different ways. If your going for traditional jerseys, keep the original striping but if the jersey design is going to be a little more out there, the new version would be a good fit as well.

Definitely Option A on top. I think it has the perfect balance between teal and orange. I feel C has too mch orange and I don't like the addition of grey/silver on B. For the ones below, the alternating colours on the stripes don't look nearly as good as I thought they would. I can't look at them without thinking of a barber pole.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Thanks for the comments guys. I made the outlines on the numbers black so that they wouldn't interfere with the gold stripe around the star-shaped stripes. Does it look alright or would a gold outline work just as well?

StarsSet2.png

Very nice Dallas concepts. The mooterus is now an actual bull with lots of green which is what I like. If the Stars would only go with that logo, change their name to either the Lone Stars or the Texans and give Minnesota back the North Stars' name, I would be thrilled.

yeah... the stars have been the dallas stars for 20 years now. the north stars were only in minnesota for 26. i think the whole "give the name back" thing is about as silly as someone wanting the los angeles dodgers to drop their name after all these years at this point.

nostalgia is fine and dandy, but the wild are not the stars.

Well, I was finally able to go out and purchase a new mouse to make doing these concepts a little easier and I'm finished with my Islanders set.

What I did: I took the advice that I was given and went with the traditional striping for the Isles jerseys. As you all can see, the updated lighthouse logo is the new primary. The template I used is similar to what New York had been using since its inception in 1972 up until 1977 when they got rid of the white hem and sleeve cuffs. I've always liked designs where the hemline and cuffs were a different color than the rest of the jersey, and since the Islanders used to do it I took it as an opportunity to bring it back. Basically the only difference is the striping pattern in the middle of the white (with the pattern AG,N,O,N,AG). The alternate jersey is virtually the same as the Islanders current primary except for the addition of teal, which I think makes the whole set pop a little more.

First the logos:

IslandersLogoSet.png

And now the uniforms:

IslandersUniformSet.png

So, tell me what ya think! Comments are greatly appreciated, thanks for viewing!

I am surprised by how much I love this, considering that I am usually a traditionalist with my favorite teams. The lighthouse really looks good on that jersey. I have no problems with the alt, it looks basically like the primary they had a few years back before they switched back to royal. My one complaint is that I feel like the hem striping on the home and away could use some simplifying, because right now I think there are a couple too many stripes there for my liking. Try getting rid of those thin navy stripes on the home and the thin white stripes on the away to simplify a little. Really nice job on these, you have the Islander fan seal of approval from me. :)

Cohenj.png

I agree with the above comments. Simplify the striping and have it match on both the sleeves and the waist. Other than that, I would get rid of the double outline on the alternate logo. Also, since you're going with the 4 stripes/4 Cups on the primary, you should have 4 stripes on the stick, like they do now.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The final set looks great Heitert, the blue Home in particular is a striking look that'd no doubt translate well on the ice. Kudos on keeping the striping relatively simple as it compliments the logo nicely. My only criticisms lie with the alternate jersey. I think the teal lines could stand to be a bit thicker. I also don't like how the sleeve stripes curve to the contour of that particular edge template, though that's hardly your fault.

Anyhow, great work as always. I look forward to the next team!

Archived