Possible logo theft

vicfurth

It looks more like his original version (before he cleaned it up), but there is no doubt that's JJ's logo. Now to find out if they got it legally.

Falcon_logo.jpg

AFnewlogo-1.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

There are significant difference between the two and both bear a resemblance to the Atlanta Falcons logo...I don't see this as theft at all.

Apparently they used to use the Atlanta Falcons logo.

bishopdunne.jpg

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It's a crappy quality picture. Maybe these will help.

Screenshot2011-06-14at11354PM.pngJJ2.png

Screenshot2011-06-14at11338PM.pngJJ.png

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I would like to point out that the title of this thread appears as "More logo theft by vicfurth" on the main page, comically enough.

Also, the logo in question looks like a cross between the Atlanta Falcons logo and the AF logo. I would say that the AF logo was inspired by the ATL logo, but not a direct rip-off, but that the third logo definitely looks like the designer was aware of both existing logos while creating his own.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I would like to point out that the title of this thread appears as "More logo theft by vicfurth" on the main page, comically enough.

Also, the logo in question looks like a cross between the Atlanta Falcons logo and the AF logo. I would say that the AF logo was inspired by the ATL logo, but not a direct rip-off, but that the third logo definitely looks like the designer was aware of both existing logos while creating his own.

Bingo. It's obvious that the designer has seen the AF falcon, and used it as inspiration (whether consciously or not) while also making it more Atlanta-ish. But it is not the same.

spacer.png

Can I suggest that OPs use "possible" or "potential" as modifiers in their thread titles unless and until it's known to be theft?

That makes a lot of sense...which is why I have zero faith it will happen.

Can I also suggest that we just PM the person involved. Biggest reason is you never know who ripped off whom. This isn't something that needs to be brought out in public.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived