Winnipeg Falcons

sparkychewbarky

I like the size of the eye, to me that's what makes it look like a falcon versus an eagle or some other bird of prety. Although I'd lose the wings/stripes behind the falcon on the jersey crest. It's good enough to stand on it's own.

The Falcon logo is very nice. I think it should stand alone on the front of the jerseys, though; there's no need to clutter it up with the wing design behind it. The three stripes on the back also unnecessarily clutter things up, especially given that they aren't continuous from the front.

get rid of the stripes on the back, or connect them the whole way around the body. How silly would the sides look, with the stripes stopping and then restarting?

I also recommend removing the stripes from behind the logo, and making the eye look just a bit meaner, but that's just personal preference.

I like the logo (again, the eye could be meaner, or at least more intense looking, but that's pretty minor), and the integrated-W is genius. Nice work.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

The logo cannot get any better IMO. If you would just use that as the crest and forget about the wings, it would be 1000x better. The stripes going around the jersey remind me of the Pittsburgh Penguins 1995-2001 Alternate/Road jersey which I like. But like others have said, it doesn't really make sense that it stop and go again where ever it wants. Sorry if it sounded mean in any way because I REALLY LOVE the logo. It's consistent in angles and the colors are great. To me, the eye is perfect. I can see what people are saying about it being meaner. If you want to try that route, I would use the Arizona Cardinals primary as a reference possibly. It has the same type of logo but with a 'glaring' meaner eye. The 'W' really surprised me. Very professional work here.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Very cool!

I'm almost certain that Winnipeg will take on the "Jets" persona, but if you'd like to see this logo in use, you might want to try pitching some version of it it to the London Falcons of the Ontario Varsity Football League. They're a good team, but their logo is really bad. Here's the league website, you could find contacts there:

http://www.ovflontario.com/index.php

I helped the Kingston team with their logo a few years back, so London might be receptive to some logo help as well.

Again, good job!

"Revised, with a little help, from my friends..."

Great song, and great feedback. Thanks for the input.

So, I made the eyes slightly smaller and meaner.

I took out the wings behind the chest logo.

I took out the stripes on the back.

I tried actual falcon colours of steel blue, gold/yellow, white and black.

wfalcons3.jpg

The color change is a lateral move, it's not any better or worse, but it IS more unique.

Great update on the eye and the removal of the stripes.

I like the cutout shoulders on the white.

Two quick suggestions that I'll admit are based on personal preference, but you might be able to use them.

1) fill in black between the gold stripes on the sleeves. Not only will that make the striping pattern more unique (rather than the classic Northwestern stripe), but will integrate black better into the color scheme, and make the black pants look like they belong (originally I thought the black pants were an omission, then I looked at the logo again), and it'll match the collar better.

2) put some kind of stripe on the hem. If you don't want to put the sleeve stripes on the hem, which is the most common solution, go with the more Edge-like single gold stripe on the hem, a thin one that contours to the hemline

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Very nice!!! I love it. Colour is nice also in your second design. My only complaint is that it is not very menacing looking, perhaps a slight change to make the falcon more angry (without being overly cartoonish angry). It's a fine line really, but you are definitely on the right track.

This is great, I love the logo. The colors are much better, they kinda reference the Thrashers which is nice, but yet still unique. I don't know about the uniforms, theyre kinda just meh. I don't like the stripes, maybe outline them in the darker blue?

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived