Winnipeg Falcons

sparkychewbarky

wfalcons3.jpg

Holy smokes.. that is beautiful indeed!! wow great job man.. I wasnt sure how the name Falcons would take for the NHL team in Winnipeg but after seeing this, I am indeed impressed and flaggertered for sure.. wow....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

dmont...thanks for the link. The F-bird would look good on a helmet.

hockey week-san...you are wise. Jammin' in some black betwix the gold made the stripes pop.

Thanks to all for C&C.

wfalcons4.jpg

I also couldn't resist doing a black version.

I can't stand head-to-toe black, so I did the Boston thing with the socks.

wfalconsblack.jpg

I like the falcon head a lot although Im a little late. I must have overlooked this thread among the numerous new Winnipeg concepts thinking I had seen it already. Im not huge on the wordmark though. The W on the bottom of the bird is clever.

Why did you make the W white on the blueish jersey? There's enough of an outline between the bird and sweater that the W should still be blue. Is it common for logos to actually change colors on home and away jerseys? I dont think Ive seen that a lot if ever. Could be wrong.

One more thing is that the font choice for INNIPEG doesnt matches the W in the logo. If your going to try and have the W in the bird act as the W in the the word, I think a more flashy and slashy font would look better to match. Otherwise I'd just make the wordmark and the logo separate with a regular W on the wordmark.

Those are just a few things, but overall the falcon looks very nice.

I like the falcon head a lot although Im a little late. I must have overlooked this thread among the numerous new Winnipeg concepts thinking I had seen it already. Im not huge on the wordmark though. The W on the bottom of the bird is clever.

Why did you make the W white on the blueish jersey? There's enough of an outline between the bird and sweater that the W should still be blue. Is it common for logos to actually change colors on home and away jerseys? I dont think Ive seen that a lot if ever. Could be wrong.

One more thing is that the font choice for INNIPEG doesnt matches the W in the logo. If your going to try and have the W in the bird act as the W in the the word, I think a more flashy and slashy font would look better to match. Otherwise I'd just make the wordmark and the logo separate with a regular W on the wordmark.

Those are just a few things, but overall the falcon looks very nice.

Thanks jaha.

The wordmark does need work. The whole thing's a work in progress.

Interesting question on changing logo colours.

Off the top of my head, I can think of several examples where the logo colour changes with the background colour...

The Leafs, the Canucks, the new Lightning sweaters, even the N.Y. Yankees change logo colour from their shirt to their cap.

I just thought that the "W" would be more visible if it was white.

I LOVE this logo....

The blue and the fact that its still a bird really references Atlanta..

The jerseys seem a little lacking Jerseys however.

Just a few points that stand out to me.

1) The blue should be the third

2) The shoulder logo is too big and low on the arm.

3) Too many stripes on the arm for me, but I see why you did it, ties in with the

alternate logo.. but maybe because that logo is too big it looks like there are

6 stripes on the arm..Too busy

4) The Actual Thrashers font may go with the jersey better. With the Alternate logo

it just fits to me for some reason..

Personally,

- I would switch the Blue to the third, Black to home.

- Blue I would color the lower portion of the sock black.

- On the black I would color the cuff of the jersey, and upper part of the sock black to match the arms.Also, On the pants put a thick blue stripe with a gild outline and its done.

I did this on mspaint really quick and believe it looks pretty good.

But really... this logo... AWESOME, I cant get over how much I love it.

Can you submit it for consideration somehow.. I'd buy one of each!!

And the potential for goalie helmets is unreal...

I disagree on the too many stripes, I mean, it's a Northwestern Stripe with a background. I've never heard anybody take that claim to the Avalanche third, and that has a lot more stripes on its sleeves. I think the striping is perfect.

If you make black the home, I'd recommend changing it to be like the white - black with shoulder cutouts, and the blue sleeves. Then it would be a lot more unified.

I also really like the color-changing logos. In fact, that's one of my favorite little details about this concept. Why? Because the Jets did it.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

the arm stripes are fine, just with the shoulder logo so big it looks like there is 3 at the bottom and 3 at the top of the arm...

Easy fix, make the shoulder logo smaller. Thats all Im saying.

And if you're going for unity then I would suggest you make the white look more like the Black one.]

I just did your suggestion quick, again in paint, and it would look good but still too busy for me.

Archived