Cleveland Cavaliers

aph7824

Hi,

I wanted to try and attempt to make a Cleveland Cavalier logo. I found the hat and modified it a bit.

I'm definitely no Davidson - and I need a LOT of practice and C &C to make this better.

For the first logo, I need to redo the basketball - I think the angle the lines are at makes the hat seem awkward.

For the second logo I need help shading / lightening. Can someone give me pointers on where I should make the yellow meet the wine red?

clevelandcavaliers_all.png

I really did want to introduce navy - for the first one, at first I had the ball navy - but it looked weird with no navy in the hat. can you try and think of where the navy should go?

And the second one does need some MAJOR work. I just am not good at perspective / shadowing.any suggestions?

Not bad, I really like the first logo compared to the second one, and definitely go with including white over navy. As for the logo itself, the inside curve, or basically the one left of the center seem looks off at the bottom, so you might want to fix that. You also want to include a "Cleveland" wordmark to your concept too, unless their jerseys are just going to be "Cavaliers" at home and on the road.

Like everyone has said the first logo is fabulous, and the second needs a little work. What issues I see with the second one are; the cavalier's cloak/cape (what ever you call it) looks all twisted up. I know what you're trying to go for but the logo plays tricks with your eyes, like when you look at something and you think "is that concave or convex?" I wish there was some way that I could some advice on what to do but I really couldn't give you much help with that, I'm pretty bad with perspectives myself. Sorry. Also, the amount of detail in the face and hat would get lost if you made the logo any smaller.

As others have suggested the addition of a third color would make these look a lot better. Although, that first one is pretty good as is.

• 2 weeks later...

Yo man I dont think that the Cavs need another rebranding... I think they just need to do a little uptade @ their logo and uniforms... Something like this:

Man, the guy asked for C&C on what HE made, not on what has been used in the past. If I were the OP, I'd be pissed that you didn't even look at his concept.

I'll echo what others have said: The first logo is good (and IMO does not need to be changed in any way). The second logo looks bad because of the perspective. I'll admit, I'm not good at drawing living figures, but what I see that is wrong in yours is that the left arm and torso looks like they're backwards. The right arm seems short, and the back doesn't look right. I'd also say that the sword is just too long for the Cavalier. Keep working with it though, it's going on great!

Yo man I dont think that the Cavs need another rebranding... I think they just need to do a little uptade @ their logo and uniforms... Something like this:

Man, the guy asked for C&C on what HE made, not on what has been used in the past. If I were the OP, I'd be pissed that you didn't even look at his concept.

I'll echo what others have said: The first logo is good (and IMO does not need to be changed in any way). The second logo looks bad because of the perspective. I'll admit, I'm not good at drawing living figures, but what I see that is wrong in yours is that the left arm and torso looks like they're backwards. The right arm seems short, and the back doesn't look right. I'd also say that the sword is just too long for the Cavalier. Keep working with it though, it's going on great!

I saw the concept he made man, and I dont think it's any good nor that the Cleveland Cavs need another rebranding. But that is only my opinion, so chill out man.

I saw the concept he made man, and I dont think it's any good nor that the Cleveland Cavs need another rebranding. But that is only my opinion, so chill out man.

So, you join yesterday, and end up telling the OP what he made is not any good, and that the Cavs don't need a rebranding, yet all the OP is doing is posting a concept (and a very well executed one, at that)? Wow, enjoy your stay here...

To the OP, I like the logos a lot. The one thing I had a bit of trouble with was making out the features on the Cavalier on the 2nd logo, it seems like they may need a bit more definition. Aside from that, it's looking real good.

So, you join yesterday, and end up telling the OP what he made is not any good, and that the Cavs don't need a rebranding, yet all the OP is doing is posting a concept (and a very well executed one, at that)? Wow, enjoy your stay here...

To the OP, I like the logos a lot. The one thing I had a bit of trouble with was making out the features on the Cavalier on the 2nd logo, it seems like they may need a bit more definition. Aside from that, it's looking real good.

Yeah man I joined a few days ago, YES I'm telling the OP that I didnt like what he made and YES and I know its only a concept.

Btw, I am really enjoying my stay here.

Archived