American Association: Project Completed!

CAB

I agree with CJ about the outlining. The StP logo would look great with no outlines, just white logo on blue cap. Also, if you reduced the outlines on the scripts from 2 to 1, it would help with legibility. And in the script, the white outline of the A cuts into the S.

jNTsTyQ.png

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Saints primary looks solid, but the guy's face is too detailed. The shadows on his cheek make them look puffy and kinda like a lion (or somewhat like a feline). I think if you went with a simpler shading scheme (not so many wrinkles" it might work better.

I'm not sure what to think about the fleur-de-lis. I'm not sure why you added it outside of it being somewhat of a religious symbol. At the very least for the alternate, I would make it a solid color instead of the two-tone to help make the monogram pop from it better.

----

I love what you did with the Saints, but there's one thing with the Redhawks that sticks in my craw: the red sleeves.

That look, until very recently, was used by one of their most bitter rivals, the Winnipeg Goldeyes. Things would get heated if Redhawks fans saw those.

Really? The Redhawks have used vests with red undershirts for a while (or did when I watched them) and I don't remember Winnipeg in any kind of vest. Of course, I didn't see that many Goldeye games, so maybe that's a more iconic look for them than I realize.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I took everybody's suggestions into account and came up with what I thought would be the best update.

-changed the wordmark from being sort of "together" with the primary

-one outline on the cap logo (wordmark as well)

-one color fleur-de-lis on alt logo

-simplified outlines on uniforms as well

5948654475_3f76638137_b.jpg

5949209614_eea09cf225_b.jpg

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys. I took everybody's suggestions into account and came up with what I thought would be the best update.

-changed the wordmark from being sort of "together" with the primary

-one outline on the cap logo (wordmark as well)

-one color fleur-de-lis on alt logo

-simplified outlines on uniforms as well

5948654475_3f76638137_b.jpg

5949209614_eea09cf225_b.jpg

those are nice!!!! primary is my fav great logo

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

The AirHogs. A great name for a minor league team, which provides an opportunity for some fun design. If there's one plus to doing minor league teams, it's that you can do some more out-of-the-box stuff and won't be told that it's not professional enough or too "minor league-ish". Because, well, it's supposed to be minor league-ish. I think the AirHogs already have a solid logo, the pig with the goggles is great IMO. The color scheme however, comes across as a little bland to me. Originally I thought they were just black and silver, but apparently crimson is their primary color. Which is okay, I just wanted to do a little more with this. The thread in the Sports Logos forum about pink teams inspired me to do this pretty much. I personally love pink, although I understand why most pro teams choose not to use it. I guess if it were up to me there would be much more pink in professional sports. I think it especially makes sense here, seeing as pigs are pink and all. I went with a dark navy blue as the other color for contrast. I suppose black would look good as well, but I still like the navy. One other thing I'd like to see more is colored road baseball uniforms. I know bohob did a great job of that in his MLB series, and I tried to do something similar here. The road uniform is a very light pink color. I thought about a full on pink, but it was just too much. So like I said, logos are pretty much unchanged except for the wordmark which I tweaked slightly to my liking. Cap logo is a simple GP. I know this concept will either be loved or hated, but either way don't expect me to change the pink. :D

5953212400_ce19124655_b.jpg

5952671143_8f385a9db3_b.jpg

Next team? No clue.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

The shading on the face gives the illusion that the pig is wearing a gasmask.

The pink color scheme doesn't really bother me, but I'm not a fan of the all pink road uniform. I think a pink jersey paired with white pants as a home alt would work though.

I guess I'm not seeing what you're describing here. Care to elaborate?

Okay well I updated Grand Prairie with a slightly toned down pink...but I don't think I want to go with a lighter blue. The other minor change I made was a pink bill on the alternate cap. One last bump before I post the next team, which will likely be Winnipeg.

Updated logos/uniforms are in the original post.

I figured I'll try and get the teams I tweak out of the way first, and then maybe get onto some more rebrands. So like the AirHogs, I just made what I thought were some necessary changes to Winnipeg's identity. The Goldeyes' logo isn't bad per se, but I'm not a huge fan of the gradients used and everything. I just wanted some solid colors. So I simplified the logo a bit and gave the the color scheme of navy, red, and gold. Their current cap logo is just a cursive G, which by itself looks too much like a J of some sorts, so I thought why not go with a fish head? I don't think teams should always use letters as cap logos, most get a little repetitive. I wanted to try to include all 3 colors on the uniforms in a way that wasn't too cluttered. The primary W logo with the fish is the sleeve patch. The road features a Winnipeg script rather than Goldeyes, something I haven't done much of this series. I wanted the alternate to be gold (which I think looks great in baseball if executed right), to tie in with the whole "Goldeyes" identity. To add to that, I added the fish's eyes to the cap. That's all I have to say, comments please?

5967045339_fb6c78904d_b.jpg

5967045645_ab227928b2_b.jpg

Lincoln Saltdogs coming in the next few days.

I'm a RedHawks fan, and I don't like the font used for the Hawks. You need to experiment around a little more. I wish I could pinpoint it, but it almost seems too ... well ... German for Fargo-Moorhead. That's a font that would work with any Bismarck team, if a Bismarck team ever popped up. (It would have been perfect for the old Bismarck Barons.)

Also, there's a reason for the colors being red and black -- red for the Red River (thus the name RedHawks), black for the rich soil in the Red River Valley. The addition of gold is good, as it would represent the golden grain in the Red River Valley, but maybe a more wheat-colored gold than a yellowish gold would be better.

I do love the bird, though. Great RedHawk.

You should really swap the blue and gold outlines on the scripts and numbers. You can barely tell its there the way it is.

That's really the only criticism I have of these... nicely done!

I'm a RedHawks fan, and I don't like the font used for the Hawks. You need to experiment around a little more. I wish I could pinpoint it, but it almost seems too ... well ... German for Fargo-Moorhead. That's a font that would work with any Bismarck team, if a Bismarck team ever popped up. (It would have been perfect for the old Bismarck Barons.)

Also, there's a reason for the colors being red and black -- red for the Red River (thus the name RedHawks), black for the rich soil in the Red River Valley. The addition of gold is good, as it would represent the golden grain in the Red River Valley, but maybe a more wheat-colored gold than a yellowish gold would be better.

I do love the bird, though. Great RedHawk.

Well thanks for the input but honestly I've kinda moved past Fargo. I already altered it a little from my original vision, and I really like how I have it now. Glad you like the bird.

You should really swap the blue and gold outlines on the scripts and numbers. You can barely tell its there the way it is.

That's really the only criticism I have of these... nicely done!

That's actually crossed my mind as I was posting these. I'll try that out.

I love that Goldeyes alternate cap. I don't really like the light pink jersey for the Air Hogs, I'd make it gray.

Thanks! And like I said, I'm definitely keeping the pink, I just love the uniqueness (is that a word?) of it.

Anybody have some more C&C for Winnipeg?

I had always thought Lincoln was a navy and gold team, until I was in Lincoln and saw one of their games on TV. I was disappointed to find out that they were just another baseball team using red and blue. Bleh. So that was the major change I made here, making them solely navy and gold (except for the little red in the dog tongue and baseball. They have a great logo as it is, and not much needed to be changed IMO. I especially love how it is mostly circular, so I tried to incporate more of a circle shape into both the primary and cap logo. Pretty simple uniforms, navy jersey at home and gold/sand color (think Padres) for the road. I originally had a pretty boring font, which actually looked way too much like the Padres for my liking, so I did a custom one that I thought would fit with the identity. Alternate features white vest with the dog logo on the chest, paw print on the cap.

5976235380_dccefb827f_b.jpg

5976250100_a1e953b00b_b.jpg

Thanks for checking this out, and please comment! :D

This may be the last of the teams I tweak, the rest could be complete rebrands; or at least have new logos.

Archived