American Association: Project Completed!

CAB

Thanks, I'll try to post a larger view of the uniforms. The color's not really hot pink. I mean, it's close but it's more of a bright red. I wanted to have a more vibrant color to 1) fit it with a Mexican theme, and 2) seperate from most red and black devil teams.

Not to come off as whiny, but doesn't anybody have some comments at all? It's disappointing when something like that troll's Lightning "concept" get's five pages because people don't know enough to just ignore it. Making threads like mine that have time and effort put into them get pushed to the second page very quickly. I don't get. It gets to the point where I almost don't want to post anything here, because I only get like 2 or 3 comments for each concept. I still will post stuff, it's just not a whole lot of fun when you don't get feedback on your work.

/end rant.

Also thanks to people that consistently try to give honest C&C, like CJworks, mbannon92, and others.

I'm seeing pink, but it may just be my screen.

And I'm totally with you on the rant. I feel the same way. I posted 3 teams in my college football thread and have gotten 3 comments giving C&C, and I've had to bump it 2 or 3 times. It's really annoying when 5 minute fill tool concepts get 10 times the comments well-thought-out concepts get.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the devil head but I agree that the sade of red is a little too much on the pink side. As far as the cap logo, I'm not seeing a distinct "E" and "P" - it's more like I see the pitchfork with a vertical line behind it and some strange angled line between the tips of the fork. I would try to make that a much more obvious interlocking "EP".

But GREAT work on the designs overall. Being from Louisiana, I LOVE what you're done with Shreveport. I liked the dragon with the wings but having the "S" dragon to go on the caps is genius. Is that a font you used for the Swampdragons workdmarks or is a complete custom creation on your part?

gYH2mW9.png

• 2 weeks later...

I took a short break from this to work on something for the NCAA concept tournament (everybody join! :D ), but I'm back. I'm sure you were all on the edge of your seat. Anywho, this next team is the Wichita Wings. They are currently the Wingnuts; and while I don't think their identity is terrible, I wanted to change it up a bit. I researched, a.k.a. Googled Wichita and found out that they claim to be the Air Capital of the World. So to me, the obvious choice was to go with something air-related. So I chose the Wings. I could have any number of meanings. Perhaps the wings of an airplane, or those of a bird; doesn't matter to me. That's why I went with a relatively simple identity. Just a winged W, so as not to lean to one meaning or the other. With having such simple logos, I figured a simple color scheme would work as well. Seeing as I don't really have any 1 color and white teams, I thought this was the perfect opportunity. The primary logo is the winged W in a shield with a baseball, beneath the the team name. The rest of the logos are pretty self-explanatory. Like I said, I wanted these to be simple. The uniforms are simple as well, with a 2 stripe pattern throughout. The stripes are cut off on the sleeves and pants to kinda go with the shape of the wings on the cap logo. And that's all. Check 'em out and tell me what you think!

6033650076_c24da25086_b.jpg

6033092847_2151397a84_b.jpg

I'm most likely changing the names for all of the final 4 teams-- Amarillo, Fort Worth, Gary, and Kansas City. So any suggestions are welcome.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I wouldn't include the last "feather" unless you match it with white.

The wordmark also has some tail issues.

Well I thought about not including it, but I decided to use it because I think it gives it some more depth. Like perhaps that "feather" is in the shadows. And I'm not really sure what you mean about tail issues?

I forgot to mention in my last post, I updated El Paso with a darker red. Links are in the first post of the thread.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I see a face in there. The red area under the wings on each side look like eyes and then on the primary especially, the inner part of the W and bottom of the sheild look like it could be a beak or something. I think you definitely could find a better font. One with consistent letter sizes rather than letters that are high, then low. It doesnt flow well. Maybe try arching the letters downward so they wordmark flows perfectly with the top of the shield. I like the attempt at using one color. It can be hard to pull off, but you're close.

I really like the logo for the Wings, as well as the simple red and white color scheme. And I agree with the others on the font. I like the font, but I would alter it so that you don't have parts of the letter jutting above and below the rest.

Overall, excellent series! The only minor gripes I have are that the Wichita Wings name is taken by the MISL indoor soccer team (of course, who watches that anymore?) and that some of the road jerseys don't have the city name on the front...(Fargo-Moorhead, Grand Prairie, Lincoln, St. Paul, etc.)

Other than that, nice work! :)

bYhYmxh.png

Very nice update, probably your best team of the series. If anything, I'd sugget getting rid of the little notch on the left side of the A, just for consistancy's sake.

Other than that, nice work.

EDIT: After looking at this again, I like the style you were going for, eapecially with the baseball and shield. It looks alot like Plan B.'s stuff. I like it.

As of now, I'd say Amarillo has quite possible a boring identity as you can get. The Amarillo Sox. No colors, just sox. They used to be the Gold Sox; which is much better, but I'd rather do something completely new. I definitely wanted to use the color yellow (or gold for some), because of the name of the city. Amarillo is Spanish for yellow for those of you that didn't pass 4th grade. :P I actually made the tornado logo before I decided on a name, simply because there were a few different routes I could go with it. My original idea was Twisters or Cyclones, but I eventually decided on Dusters. What are dusters, you may ask? Well I can't give a specific definition, but I'm imagining it as some sort of dust devil. To be honest, I got the idea for a name from a high school here in Nebraska nicknamed the Dusters. With yellow being an obvious color choice to me, I decided to use brown to compliment that. Commonly found on Padres' concepts, I know people either love it or hate it, so it is what it is. I seriously decided on this color combo without even knowing that it was the same one they currently use (just Googled it a minute ago). So I guess it's meant to be. B) I chose a western-style font for this concept. The cap logo is just an A next to the twister. Pretty much anything looks good IMO with these colors, so I gave them pretty simple uniforms, with a lighter yellowish/sand color for the road. C&C pretty please.

6036695929_034696f22c_b.jpg

6037249380_91d5e3acce_b.jpg

Fort Worth is up next, not sure how soon I'll be finished though.

Is there a link to the NCAA concept tournament? CAB mentioned it in his post above.

Dude, it's not that hard. Just scroll down near the bottom of the first page of the concepts section and you'll find it.

Sorry, didn't expect to see it pegged. My bad. Dude, as you say, you might want to take some more medicine.

Archived