American Association: Project Completed!

CAB

Gary looks really good. I looked up their current logo for comparison's sake, and yours is a big improvement, especially the wordmark. I like the uniforms as well. I'd like to see a little more silver in the uniforms though. It's a major part of the logo, and the main color of the city as well happy.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a short break, I'm back with the 14th and final team in this series. It took me a while to decide on a good team name for Kansas City, and I settled on Stallions. I considered doing some type of longhorn logo at first, but I like the way "Kansas City Stallions" rolls off the tongue. I kept maroon as the primary color for Kansas City, and added a cream and red to complement that. The color scheme is similar to what I originally had for Fargo-Moorhead. The primary logo is a stallion head; I tried to give it a sense of motion as if it were charging or something. A skewed version of the wordmark is included on the primary as well. The cap logo is just a basic KC monogram. I went with pinstripes on the uniform, I just like the way the red and maroon look together. The road uni is the sort of cream color, along with a red alternate. I don't really have to much to explain with this set. Just take a gander at the images below.

6098223897_0e2b3faa6d_b.jpg

6098224025_3dbe35e416_b.jpg

So...I guess that's all folks. I believe this only the second project I have ever finished on these boards, and the first that includes 100% original logos. While it is fun, I don't think I'll try tackling a whole league sometime soon. I really want to focus on more inidividual identities in the future. Big thanks to CJ, mbannon, and others who have given good C&C throughout this whole series. Thanks for viewing, whether you like or dislike my stuff, please leave a comment to tell me what you think!

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Great way to finish, I love it. Excellent color choice, beautiful logo. One thing I would suggest is try out some versions with different skewing on the horse. The way you described it "charging" doesn't come off the same way as me...more as if the horse was bucking.

In any sense, real nice work here.

I really like it. The color scheme is nice, kinda like if Oklahoma and IU had a baby. I like the pinstripe/vest combo as well as the cream roads. Both logos are well done, but both could be improved. I agree with CJ that the horse doesn't give the feel of charging. Maybe if you used more of a profile view you'd get that sense. Also, on the KC logo, I don't like how the leg of the K (the bottom right portion) angles in so far. I would make it look as if the C is overlapping the K.

This was a really great series though! I hope to see many more concepts from you in the future.

Archived