Canuck Fans Riot

sportsfan0518

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
246805_10101096469363421_2009588_79390275_2207429_n.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Typical Philadelphia bullsh t . What else do you expect? Oh.... wait.

Finally, some other fan base knows what it's like to have to distance themselves from all of the "not fans".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So just to clarify some of this jersey =/= fandom thing we have going in this thread. Are the Canucks the Canadian equivalent of the Dodgers or something?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I cant believe that many Philly fans made it out to Vancouver that fast

How has this marvelous statement gone unrecognized?

I'm still laughing at this...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I cant believe that many Philly fans made it out to Vancouver that fast

How has this marvelous statement gone unrecognized?

I'm still laughing at this...

Me too, although I don't know if it's post of the day material. Love your avatar though, Kinger.

It wouldn't surprise me if professional rioters as they were called did this. It's not just premeditated, but it seems because of how out of hand the final game got, some Canuck fans decided to participate to take away from the Bruins victory. Basically, if our team can't be the story, might as well destroy and loot as much of the city as possible to make a name for myself, and also take away coverage of their story and make us and the Canucks the real story. Yeah, it's :censored: up, but that's the only idea I could come up with why they would do this... again.

It saddens me to see the way people are judging the beautifull city I live in. Anyone who has lived, or visited Vancouver hopefully knows this isn't what Vancourites are like. This riot would oh happened regardless of the outcome. Fans brought cars down for the sole purpose of burning them. A true Canuck fan, wouldnt of brought gasoline downtown with them. The Bruins were the better team so I can accept the loss, but this is on top, it's heartbreaking...

246805_10101096469363421_2009588_79390275_2207429_n.jpg

It wasn't Canada.

Yeah, there aren't enough Maple Leaves to be Canada.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

No one seems to have said it yet, so I will: blaming everything on some rogue terrorist cell of non-hockey fans? Sounds to me like Vancouver is just working the officials as usual!

But seriously, folks, while I don't doubt that there were "professional rioters" acting as catalysts for a lot of this, I think it's just as irresponsible and disingenuous to blame it all on them as it would be to say that every man, woman, and child who ever liked the Vancouver Canucks went out and broke stuff because their sports team lost. This is neither the first nor last time that a major sporting event has elicited a riot, and Actual Fans Of The Team have been fallible in the past, as they will be in the future, as they were last night. Sucks for the people who wanted to play along with the whole wrestling-heel tenor of the Canucks without actually being criminals, and the people who just wanted to root for their local team without playing along with much of anything, but there were some bad apples on the tree, as there are on all of them. On this one, the apples just happened to spontaneously combust or something.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

No one seems to have said it yet, so I will: blaming everything on some rogue terrorist cell of non-hockey fans? Sounds to me like Vancouver is just working the officials as usual!

But seriously, folks, while I don't doubt that there were "professional rioters" acting as catalysts for a lot of this, I think it's just as irresponsible and disingenuous to blame it all on them as it would be to say that every man, woman, and child who ever liked the Vancouver Canucks went out and broke stuff because their sports team lost. This is neither the first nor last time that a major sporting event has elicited a riot, and Actual Fans Of The Team have been fallible in the past, as they will be in the future, as they were last night. Sucks for the people who wanted to play along with the whole wrestling-heel tenor of the Canucks without actually being criminals, and the people who just wanted to root for their local team without playing along with much of anything, but there were some bad apples on the tree, as there are on all of them. On this one, the apples just happened to spontaneously combust or something.

POTD

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

It saddens me to see the way people are judging the beautifull city I live in. Anyone who has lived, or visited Vancouver hopefully knows this isn't what Vancourites are like. This riot would oh happened regardless of the outcome. Fans brought cars down for the sole purpose of burning them. A true Canuck fan, wouldnt of brought gasoline downtown with them. The Bruins were the better team so I can accept the loss, but this is on top, it's heartbreaking...

sorry to whoever hates people who do this but a HUGE +1 to my fellow Vancouverite right here.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Archived