North Dakota's NCAA Football Concept Series

north dakota

120 seems like an awful lot of teams...but hey, if your'e up to the challenge then go for it! I just hope you don't rush through each concept to get them all done.

The Miami concept isn't bad, I just feel like we've seen it a bunch before. Miami tends to use more modern designs (which you did with the numbers) and this is a little too plain IMO. If you want to go with the stripeless look, maybe try a sublimated pattern on there somewhere. One last thing: your numbers are much too large. A player with #33 wouldn't be able to fit. I suggest using a two numbers on your concepts so you know just how much space you have for jersey designs.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Next up is Alabama. For Alabama I went with a white helmet on the away jersey. I also used the houndstooth pattern as striping on the pants.

5842007843_4e33a4f896_b.jpg

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Next up is Alabama. For Alabama I went with a white helmet on the away jersey. I also used the houndstooth pattern as striping on the pants.

5842007843_4e33a4f896_b.jpg

The stripe just looks way too thick on the pants. I think that a pattern stripe like that could work...but it would need to be much thinner.

gYH2mW9.png

The template looks funky, but the concepts are solid. Get rid of the white helmet for bama and we have a winner (I love the houndstooth pants stripe idea, but make it red instead of black).

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Anyone else expecting a University of North Dakota concept. Sorry, I really like alabama and hounds tooth, I wish they would use it more. I like it here, maybe too much contrast? Try grey or something that makes it a little more subtle? I agree about the template too, it's a good concept, dulled by the bad template...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

I found better template on an older post that is much better than my original template. So here are some concepts on the new template I found:

I added a green helmet and an orange alternate for Miami. I also decided to get rid of the sublimated "MIAMI" on the back.

5846309994_1ba1636756_b.jpg

Next, I made an SMU concept, nothing really special. And I just noticed there is no Nike logo on the alternate.

5846308892_9649206e45_b.jpg

And finally I made a TCU concept. I went back to their old sleeve pattern and I also added red to the alternate jersey and helmet because Horned Frogs shoot blood out of their eyes.

5845987887_909fcc3126_b.jpg

I will put my Alabama concept on the new template as soon as I can. C&C please.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Yeah these are very sloppy, for one thing you should save in png instead of jpeg, that way it won't be as pixelated. One way to make it less sloppy is to use a bigger template and make sure it is outlined much cleaner and everything. Right now all of the numbers look too big and even the logos on the helmets look too big.

As far as the actual designs go, Miami isn't bad, like I said before the numbers are too big, and so is the logo on the helmet. Its a nice concept but I feel like I've seen it a million times now.

I don't like Alabama, the white helmet is a good move, but I hate that number font, makes it look like these cheap jerseys they sell for kids. I suggest just using a regular block font, and the houndstooth pants stripe doesn't look good, the only way black and white houndstooth looks good on a uniform is if it is used as a trim around the neck, if you make it gray instead of black it might look better although its kind of wide.

Not trying to come across as a jerk or anything, just trying to help you out, if you take your time and play around with templates and download gimp or inkscape (I still don't even use it) you'll get a lot better and cleaner with your concepts.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Another thing my man....you need to get GIMP to resize your logos and numbers. If you try to resize them in paint they just get all pixelated like yours are doing. Don't worry though, none of us started out with the greatest work. NOT A SINGLE ONE OF US. We all had to learn by our mistakes.

Untitled.png

Archived