Basic hockey concept

Kevin W.

Ok, these are pretty much done until I get the logos, unless anyone has any further suggestions. I have one final idea that I'm not sure about, so I'd like everyone's opinions.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/RXTEWMU/Hockey/bfc6fba9.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/RXTEWMU/Hockey/3a544488.png

I'll probably get a better number font if and when these are applied to a specific fantasy league's template.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All three jerseys look awesome now. The alternate looks way cleaner, and both the home and away look a lot more simple after limiting the striping pattern that you had for those two sets initially. I look forward to whenever you get around to updating the font and logos.

As for the colored yokes, they're alright, but I would probably have the striping emerge from the yokes and not from the collar as you have it right now, since it looks too distracting.

So, the colored yokes work?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

it's different, i know that it's never been done with a shoulder stripe AND yokes, but it seems to work. I mean, I'd like to see a side view, but that gets to be rather silly. Yeah, I guess it works, but I wouldn't get much crazier than that. Good luck on the logo.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I don't know, the overlap of the piping on top of the shoulder pads is kind of distracting. Unique, for sure, but I can't say I like it.. it makes the shoulder area wayy too busy, plus the shoulder logo would be incredibly cluttered. You can already see with the way the numbers go on top of the piping, it's a little weird. I like the color palette but I'm not a huge fan of that shade of gold, it's kind of a "baby poop" shade.

Is there any other shade of gold you would recommend? I'm willing to test out a few.

I think that when the piping gets to the yoke it should outline the yoke. Instead of going through the yoke.

I agree, that would look better.

Ehh, now that i look at it more, your current shade isn't too bad actually, but maybe try vegas gold?

As for logos, the primary will incorporate a wave somehow, and for the secondary logo, I'm thinking (similar to what the Panthers have, though when I thought this up I was unaware that the Panthers had it) two crossed hockey sticks that are topped by palm trees behind an "SD."

Well, there will probably be only two logos and then the wordmark.

Ok, after testing out the logos with the uniforms for the first time (the logos will be released pretty soon) I found that the slash caused the same problem with the logos that it did with the numbers, so I decided to try something different, something that no one in the NHL does.

91f110e0.png

That's right. Football-style shoulder stripes.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the logo set. Ignore the fact that "Diego" is misspelled.

905fa459.png

The hockey sticks ARE the palm trees! Why didn't anybody think of that before? I hope that one is the primary logo, with the circle logos on the shoulders. I'm actually very impressed. You're probably going to need a pretty heavy-duty white outline on it for the dark jersey, and I hope you keep the inside of the circle white too.

very nice. Can we see it on the jerseys?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Yeah, I decided to take the idea of the Panthers' hockey stick/palm tree logo and go a step further. It'll be the primary logo.

Archived