Blue Devils Logo Concept

Brave-Bird 08

Hello everyone,

I took a quick breather from my cfb series to touch up a product for a Blue Devils logo concept I've been working on. It's for my high school, Marietta High School, in Marietta, GA (where I attended from 04-08).

The current blue devil logo they are leaning towards is this. They also have traditionally worn navy blue and silver on their football uniforms, but the school was originally royal blue and white. Also, they added scarlet as a tertiary color sometime in the 70s or 80s. Anyways, I combined the elements and drew up a logo.

Tell me what you think and how I can upgrade it!

drawing.png

Oh, and I guess I can be really fun and claim there is an "M" on his forehead, but...it was not intentional...nor is it very apparent, but whatever!

Pretty solid look. The only thing I might do is bring the jaw out a little to the left to make it look more like a real skull. Also, that is a Michigan "M" in the corners. I know when I see one, trust me. :P

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

If you want to add some attitude to the logo I would suggest moving his pupil/iris down a bit. It looks like he spotted you and his just smiling/or posing. I'm not sure what the original logo looks like, but this is not threatening in the least. It's a good logo, just not intimidating at all. Other than the jawline, which has been mentioned, the third version of the logo is definitely the best. Also, I see his small horns, but below that, is that his pointy ears?

It's pretty good. One thing is that the moustache is kind of lost since the the other shadows on the cheek and nose/forehead are in a similar style. Have you tried making those to shadows into highlights rather than lowlights? Also in the goatee, consider having the goatee become one with the outer dark blue outline. It might look more like hair than a shadow if you do that.

But this is a really good start as usual. I dont think he's too friendly. He kind of looks mischievious like he's up to no good and is enjoying himself being evil, which I like.

Nice start, looks very good. As far as c&c, the first thing that jumped out to me is the perspective and shape of the devil's right horn; I'm not really sure I could tell you exactly what it should look like perspective-wise but it looks off to me. I'm envisioning the far horn should be less curved and more similarly shaped like the near horn. Another thing that I think would improve this is to make the navy blue jawline thicker to give it a more dramatic structure. Also I think you could work on the gray offset path to make it more dynamic and emphasize the devil's key features more effectively.

Heres a small update design wise. I refined the horns and fixed the chin to my liking. I also changed the eye ever so slightly.

The big thing here is color options. Which ones look best? I'm working on a full body logo, holding a pitchfork, and a wordmark.

drawingtwo.png

This is looking really good. I think, however, that if you attatch all of those dark shadow shapes to the outline, it'll look so much better. Thickening up those outlines 2-3 notches will help, also.

Another thing that bothered me was the ear; if you connect the bottom part to the rest of the head then you've got it.

Nice work.

I really like this as I said above, and here's another thing I know I already said but why does the hair on his head get to be attached to the outline but not the goatee hair?

I just think that consistency in a logo helps. It is really minor I know, but I cant tell if that is supposed to be a goatee or a chin shadow because right now it follows the style you've applied to shadows (being disconnected to the outline) and not the style you've used for the other hair on the head. I wont harp in it any more after this. I promise :)

Archived